Thread: bears already coming out in the city

Default bears already coming out in the city

The wife found these yesterday afternoon in los anchorage while walking the dog. She was able to call a friend of hers who made it out with a good camera & take a couple shots.

It was 61 degrees yesterday, here in Hope, Alaska. The low last night was 43 degrees. This is "MID" May weather.

A friend was driving back from Campbell Airstrip road/park yesterday and filmed two cubs up a birch tree beside the road.

46 years living rural and/or remote Alaska..............and I have never seen a bear in a tree.

Found 2 sets of tracks in the snow just a little ways from the house. Looked like brown bear, long claws.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    46 years living rural and/or remote Alaska..............and I have never seen a bear in a tree.
    Funny how that works, eh? I finally saw my first lynx last year, while friends see them in their driveway every year. But for some reason I have seen dozens of wolverines, which is apparently not that common.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

Funny, only 2 times I ever seen one was I hope both times. right by the bridge, big old 6' way up a cottonwood mid day. Was going to shoot it until all the tourists showed up. Other was about Mile 5 or 6, right off the road, early July, 5 footer way up a birch
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy