Thread: My Seabee project

Default My Seabee project

I decided to take a plunge and start an airplane project this last year. I purchased a Seabee (project in progress) last sprint out of Fairbanks and as of a few weeks ago I finally started.

I don't know if this is breaking any forum rules, but if anybody is interested, I started a website/blog documenting my progress:
    http://tugmoe.com/knier-seabee/

I plan on posting something each week giving updates in the hopes of getting other interested folks a place to read about another project. I also plan on scanning the copious amounts of paperwork I "inherited" when I bought the plane in the attempt to get everything in digital format for others that might have similar interests or projects.

If you're interested, drop in and take a look. Feel free to leave comments, questions, guidance, expertise, or anything that might trip your trigger.

Again, mods, if this is against any rules (I'm not selling anything) feel free to delete this post.

Take care,
    Jason

There is an informative website about the Republic Seabees I found while searching the web looking for info on the old Seabee wreck on lower Russian lake.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Would love to see it. Where you located

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neat project, looks like you may need a bigger garage...!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting. I'd love to have a Seabee. My Father was fond of that airplane and had lots of stories about flying one around SE Alaska in the 50's. My current Aeronca Sedan project is about all I can handle, so I'm pretty sure a Seabee project would be a bit over my head, but I'll enjoy following your project progress. I knew a guy at Lake Hood named Jim Herreck who was into Seabee's. Did you ever run into him? I believe he moved to Soldotna.
    Louis Knapp

Jason,

Awesome project... I think we'd all enjoy pictures and updates! Nice post

Wow, yeah. That site kind of took off. I've gotten over 1500 hits from all over the world. A few other sites have put a link directly to mine even. People must like a "build" project.

Since it has seen some decent traffic, I have messed around with a few of the posts, added some better pics etc. Most definitely going to keep it up to date.

I am located in Anchorage, PM me if you want to stop over and check it out. I have a garage (yes, I wish I built bigger right now!) with a plane, and better yet, a conex full of plane parts and pieces

Take care,
    Jason