Thread: Any Use a Phone Skope Adapter for Digiscoping?

Default Any Use a Phone Skope Adapter for Digiscoping?

Does anyone have any experience using the Phone Skope brand adapters for digiscoping? (http://www.phoneskope.com/)

I have a Swarovski ATS-65 HD spotting scope that I'm trying to work with. I have a DSLR, point & shoot (non-threaded lens), GoPro, and cellphone cameras as options, although for sheep hunting I think my cellphone will probably be the camera I take (best quality to weight ratio). It looks like Swarovski makes some adapters, for a couple hundred dollars, and I'm curious what other cheaper/lighter options are out there.

The Phone Skope seems like a simple, but effective option. Just curious if anyone has experience with it, or recommends something different.

Thanks!
    -Steven

My hunting partner in Kodiak had a Phone Skope adapter for his Vortex spotter. I also have a Swaro ATS-65 HD and use a TLS-APO digiscoping mount that partners up with my Cannon DSLR. The Phone skope adapter was nice but as far as shot quality and ability to edit I like the SLR option... You get into the cost of lugging more weight at this point, but I don't mind bringing a bit extra for the sake of good shots. The phone adapters are nice for convenience and quick set up. The TLS-APO definitely takes a sec to set up, but provides sweet shots.

I have one for my Vortex Razor 65mm spotter. I have used it a ton during my latest hunts. These video's were both from well over a half mile away. This first one was in about 35mph winds so forgive the shaking. Pretty good video under the circumstances.

US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

And here is the second one..

US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

A couple phone skope pics through my swaro.

Here are a couple with my Swaro and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trout.......how far away was he? It looks like you had to zoom up quite a bit? Who carries the scope adaptor for the iPhone?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default Any Use a Phone Skope Adapter for Digiscoping?

I took quite a few pictures and videos of this guy over the course of several days, and I can't remember the distance on these shots. I was fully zoomed in with my scope (20-60x80 HD) and using a Phoneskope adapter. I got the adapter directly from Phoneskope.

Wow, thanks for the feedback guys. The images look pretty good. Did you guys buy the adapter specific to your scope, or did you get the universal one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I got the universal but if I was to do it again, I would get one specific to my scope. I think it would be much less hassle just to press it on rather than mess with the rings that twist on.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    I took quite a few pictures and videos of this guy over the course of several days, and I can't remember the distance on these shots. I was fully zoomed in with my scope (20-60x80 HD) and using a Phoneskope adapter. I got the adapter directly from Phoneskope.

Thanks buddy.... I was showing this thread to my daughter who loves to take pics, and really likes my el-cheep-o
    Nikon spotter. She was impressed and showed interest. She's an Alaskan girl and loves to fish and hike. She has a "decent" digital camera as well as her iPhone, so we'll have to see which one she'd like to mess with...

I have a phoneskope for my iPhone 6s along with the Bluetooth remote. The remote makes it easy to get the shot exactly when you want without bumping the phone as you press the shutter button possible blurring the shot. Here are a few of my images.

Well I guess that's more than a few. But I just kept finding more and more pictures as I went through. These are a a variety of distances obviously. The farthest being the nanny and kid at over 2 miles. Hope this helps.

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by as.ks.ak View Post
    I have a phoneskope for my iPhone 6s along with the Bluetooth remote. The remote makes it easy to get the shot exactly when you want without bumping the phone as you press the shutter button possible blurring the shot. Here are a few of my images.
    These are a a variety of distances obviously. The farthest being the nanny and kid at over 2 miles. .
    A couple of those are pretty nice shots! What scope?

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    A couple of those are pretty nice shots! What scope?

Angled Vortex Razor HD 16-48x65

I had a timer app for my old 5s that I used to keep from shaking the camera/phone. My newer 6 plus came with that feature, so no need for that app now.

I went ahead and ordered one last night. Got the combo for my Galaxy S7 and Swarovski ATS 20-60x65 HD.

About the only downside is see is that I'll have to get a new case for whenever I upgrade my phone, but other than that I'm really stoked to give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_JR View Post
    I went ahead and ordered one last night. Got the combo for my Galaxy S7 and Swarovski ATS 20-60x65 HD.

About the only downside is see is that I'll have to get a new case for whenever I upgrade my phone, but other than that I'm really stoked to give it a shot!

You won't be disappointed!

Photobucket sucks. This is a pretty good picture with good clarity, but the upload turns into this:

Unit 13 off the Denali Highway last year, east of the McClaren Summit. An iPhone4 with a Meopta scope adapter. What some basement teenage genius needs to invent is a USB/Apple Lightning cord eyepiece camera that attaches to your iPhone/iPad where you can watch and take pictures without the problematic adapter and weight of the iPhone hanging off the scope.