Thread: Wooldridge xl sport jet secondary fuel feed

Default Wooldridge xl sport jet secondary fuel feed

Hey guy,
    I have a few question for the Wooldridge Xl sport jet owners. The main fuel tank has a secondary fuel feed for a kicker option. I have a few Poly tanks I would like to use for extended trips. Can I plumb the poly tanks into the secondary fuel feed? I would use a ball valve to shut off fuel supply and a squeeze pump or 12 volt pump to transfer fuel when the main tank is getting low. Do you guys run the factory fuel/water filter by its self or do you guys put in a racor one before the lift pump?
    thanks

It is more simple to just add a selector valve and a quick connect for your auxiliary tanks, no extra pumping, just connect the tank and turn the valve. This way minimizes extra steps while boating and lessens the chance for fuel spills while transfering. I like to run a racor between the tank and lift pump, use the 3228 or bigger. Water always finds its way into boat fuel, the record will stop alot of it, the mercury one will get the rest. Using a Mr funnel when fueling out of cans or remote sources is a good idea also

Quote Originally Posted by akgravelpumper View Post
    It is more simple to just add a selector valve and a quick connect for your auxiliary tanks, no extra pumping, just connect the tank and turn the valve. This way minimizes extra steps while boating and lessens the chance for fuel spills while transfering. I like to run a racor between the tank and lift pump, use the 3228 or bigger. Water always finds its way into boat fuel, the record will stop alot of it, the mercury one will get the rest. Using a Mr funnel when fueling out of cans or remote sources is a good idea also
    That's pretty simple. Thanks