Thread: Kimber Micro 380 auto

Default Kimber Micro 380 auto

Does anyone have any experience using these guns? whats your opinion? the pros/cons.

I have seen several come through the gun range and for the most part, 'not impressed'! They might be good as a 'last resort' but .....
    They tends
    They tend to need to have lots of 'break in' rounds shot through them.

The wife I got to shoot one a few weekends ago and was really surprised on how accurate the little thing is and lack of recoil compared to the LCP.
    Standard 1911 workings, minus the beaver tail safety. Grip is small but not ridiculously small and easy to hold and shoot.
    Would I buy one? Yes, with good ammo it would make a great little pocket pistol!

Hard to believe the Iver Johnson Pony now cost a grand. For me the Sig P-238 is hard to beat and I'll stick with it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Hard to believe the Iver Johnson Pony now cost a grand. For me the Sig P-238 is hard to beat and I'll stick with it.
    I would agree...the P-238 is a great little pistol.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    I would agree...the P-238 is a great little pistol.
    good to know, thanks

I hear negative comments all the time, but either I am an extremely lucky individual, or they are unjustified... I currently "own" and shoot regularly 5 Kimber pistols, and out of all of them I have only had 1 feed issue once, out of hundreds of rounds in each one. I shoot all weights of ammo and have not noticed any issues out of the lighter bullet weights. Out of all the pistols I have ever owned I would say that they are equal to any of the high end pistols out there and better than some.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Not all Kimber's are bad. It is just that the micro ones are a little harder to master for new shooters and that is what I see.

I think pistols work best when they fire the round they were originally designed for. Examples are the 1911 Govt. Mod. in .45 ACP and the Glock 17 in 9mm. Both are great pistols with a reliable reputation. When proven designs are shrunk in an effort to make them more convenient to carry or to shoot a smaller caliber problems often come up.

Doing that usually results in a hand gun that is harder to master and usually not as reliable as the original design.

I own and carry a stainless Walther PPK since I could afford one. My choice.
    Steve(make beleive James Bond)
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

I have been wanting a Kimber. At the GASS I watched the tail end of a seminar that a female police office was lecturing. She said in the seminar that the Kimbers are a pretty gun and that they are accurate, but she said that the Kimber fails in almost every one of her shooting seminars on the range. She said they are not good with any kind of dirt in them and you just can't be sure that the gun will go boom every time you pull the trigger.

disclaimer - I have no experience with a Kimber.