Thread: Hobie AI Whittier-Seward

Default Hobie AI Whittier-Seward

Good day!

I'm planning a trip from Whittier to Seward on my Hobe AI. Wondering if any other AI or TI owners or anyone with a sense for exploration are interested in such an endevour. I'll be setting sail Aug. 10 and giving my self 20 days to do it but I know it has been done in as few as 9 days. The most dangerous part will be entering the gulf and traveling the 22nm give or take a few miles depending on route and weather. Hence the reason I've given myself 20 days to do it. Enough time to turn back to Whittier or call in a water taxi. If you are willing to go on an adventure please feel free to PM me. I'll provide emergency means of communication and I've already got the charts and gps. Let's have a once in a lifetime adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by A6C5O7 View Post
    Good day!

I'm planning a trip from Whittier to Seward on my Hobe AI. Wondering if any other AI or TI owners or anyone with a sense for exploration are interested in such an endevour. I'll be setting sail Aug. 10 and giving my self 20 days to do it but I know it has been done in as few as 9 days. The most dangerous part will be entering the gulf and traveling the 22nm give or take a few miles depending on route and weather. Hence the reason I've given myself 20 days to do it. Enough time to turn back to Whittier or call in a water taxi. If you are willing to go on an adventure please feel free to PM me. I'll provide emergency means of communication and I've already got the charts and gps. Let's have a once in a lifetime adventure!
    Wow! Now THAT is an Adventure! Sounds like a blast!!! Sorry I can't offer up any advice but good luck to you!!!!!

I've thought about doing this trip a few times and spent a good bit of time reading charts. The AIs sure are capable of doing it I believe.