Thread: Tikka T3 lite 300 WSM review

Default Tikka T3 lite 300 WSM review

Greetings all. New to the site, been lurking for a bit so thought I would contribute something useful. This is my second stint in AK (first was a few years up in Trapper Creek), this time in Sitka. Was looking for an all around rifle that I could do goat/bear/moose/deer with. Settled on the above gun with a 3x9 Leuplod. I have a friend who is a gun nut here and will do all my loading and such for me. I took it out yesterday for the first time just to get some brass for him to load. I went I bought some "cheap" 180 grain Winchesters and headed out. Got it decently dialed in (did not want to waste too much time as I am putting new mounts on and wanted to wait for my hand loads to be ready). Once I got a decent group at 100, I kicked it out to 200. Very please with the gun.

I'm going to add a Limbsaver pad to it. My shoulder is bruised pretty bad. After the last few shots I had to get up and walk it off. Mind you I am a big guy at 6 foot 250 (a good muscular 250). I knew this coming into buying the gun. Overall very happy, I'll report back once all the other tumblers fall into place and I give it the final dial in.

http://

The bottom right three are mine (100 yards)

http://

I love my Tikka. I don't notice the recoil when theres a critter in the cross hairs.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I also own a Tikka chambered in 30.06. Hardly any recoil but I put a limb saver on anyway and don't feel a thing. Can shoot all day.

I went with the superlite in 30-06. bought my 14 year old daughter the same gun last Christmas. I put a limbsaver pad and muzzle break on mine so the girls could shoot it while they were younger. My 10 year old drew a bison permit this year, so she will be using it for that hunt. I am more than pleased with this gun. I put a Swarovski 4X10 on it and put some Tally Rings to hold it in place, I didn't care for the stock rings. I also put a Slogan Outdoors rifle sling on it and picked up the 5 round magazine from Midway USA. I keep the 3 round magazine on me while hunting for a quick change if needed. Total weight is right around 7 pounds, and the kick is less than my heavy .243. I plan to send it to Alaska Hydrographics to have a unique design put on it. My daughters gun is set up the same way right now without the muzzle break. I plan to have her shoot it first to see if she can handle the kick. That break sure makes the gun bark loud!

I'm very pleased with the .300 WM superlite I got a few months ago.
    It took a few powders to find one it loved.
    Persistence pays off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 30-06 tikka with a leupold 3-9x40, very accurate rifle.

Have they finally shortened the actions of the wsm cartridges or are they still building them in the standard cartridge length?

My only complaint with the Tikka is that ugly high shine bolt handle. I know, pretty minor complaint. Overall Tikka is an excellent rifle. I have one in 7mm that will out shoot both my Kimber and Browning Titanium.

The cure for a bruised shoulder.......Lead Sled!