Thread: I wish....

Smile I wish....

I wish Ruger or S&W would make a double action revolver with a 4.5" barrel and a 5 shot cylinder chambered in .45 Colt.

I wish some one would sell a high quality bolt action .22 rifle that is a tack driver, for under $500.00.

I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a .411 caliber lever gun that would push 350 grain bullets at 2,100 fps mv.

I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a .358 caliber lever gun that would push 250 grain bullets at 2,300 fps mv.

I wish Winchester, Marlin and S&W would get rid of those pain in the butt locks and safeties they have on their lever guns and revolvers.

I wish Winchester had left the old Mod. 70 trigger on their rifles.

I wish all bolt action center fire hunting rifles had the old Mod. 70 trigger.

I wish all big game rifles came with high quality back up iron sights, preferably a pop up receiver sight in the rear with a flat gold post in the front.

I wish Glock would put a grip on their pistols that had no finger grooves and was shaped like the Browning Hi Power grip.

I wish Glock would slim their bulky pistol slides down.

I wish Glock would make a 16" barreled semi-auto carbine based on their pistol frames. Lets do it in 9mm and .45 ACP and 10mm. Wowser!

I wish some chemist would invent a gun powder that gave us less noise and recoil when the gun is fired, with out a velocity loss.

I wish all hunters spent more money on their binoculars then their rifle scopes.

None of the factories ever listen to me. Darn.

Winter getting a little drawn out up there 338? LOL

I wish there was a way many generations to come could continue to find affordable places to hunt and enjoy the outdoors the way I have... More people seems to equal declining opportunities sadly....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Hey, much thought went into that list and it is a good one. Those big gun factories should hire me as a consultant. LOL

Yes, after 50 years the winters do seem a bit long. It's a good thing I bought my self a good 9' pool table to shoot on when it is cold and dark out side.

Long as I'm dreaming, I dream that the gun collectors' market would dive into the pits and leave the guns at near their original prices.

Hoarders would dump them as fast as political promises and the great old guns would be available to folks who'd actually take them out and shoot them. No more trying to come up with modern guns to imitate them.

I'll bite...I wish someone would make a big bore, external hammer, side eject, tube mag, stainless/laminate a la the marlin guide gun, but in a pump action...like a modern version of the old Colt lightning express...Nothing quite says "go time" like racking up a round in a pump....
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I wish Ruger or S&W would make a double action revolver with a 4.5" barrel and a 5 shot cylinder chambered in .45 Colt.

I wish some one would sell a high quality bolt action .22 rifle that is a tack driver, for under $500.00.

I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a .411 caliber lever gun that would push 350 grain bullets at 2,100 fps mv.

I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a .358 caliber lever gun that would push 250 grain bullets at 2,300 fps mv.

I wish Winchester, Marlin and S&W would get rid of those pain in the butt locks and safeties they have on their lever guns and revolvers.

I wish Winchester had left the old Mod. 70 trigger on their rifles.

I wish all bolt action center fire hunting rifles had the old Mod. 70 trigger.

I wish all big game rifles came with high quality back up iron sights, preferably a pop up receiver sight in the rear with a flat gold post in the front.

I wish Glock would put a grip on their pistols that had no finger grooves and was shaped like the Browning Hi Power grip.

I wish Glock would slim their bulky pistol slides down.

I wish Glock would make a 16" barreled semi-auto carbine based on their pistol frames. Lets do it in 9mm and .45 ACP and 10mm. Wowser!

I wish some chemist would invent a gun powder that gave us less noise and recoil when the gun is fired, with out a velocity loss.

I wish all hunters spent more money on their binoculars then their rifle scopes.

None of the factories ever listen to me. Darn.
    Well Ruger does chamber the .45 Colt in a 4" Redhawk but it's 6 shot.
    Winchester chambers the .405 in the model 95.
    Buy an old model 71 Winchester in .348. Didn't Winchester chamber the .358 in the 94 for a while?
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I know the .348 Win. case has lots of potential. Blow it out, neck it up and down, shorten it, etc. or neck the 45-70 down and do the same with .411 and .358 caliber bullets. There has to be a way. I am a big 45-70 fan, but a .411 or .358 caliber bullet would be more useful for lever action hunters.

The .356 Winchester is a sweet set up to me, but I want to toss a 250 grain slug at 2,300 fps mv out of a Mod. 94 Big Bore or a Marlin 1895.