Thread: Water & Sewer in Anchorage

Default Water & Sewer in Anchorage

I should now this, I really should, but I've never formally RV'd in Alaska and find that I will be living in an RV for about 6 weeks between houses when I move back. I'll be parking on my vacant lot on the hillside, so won't be staying at a campground.

I've always had a house to rely on until now.......are there places in Anchorage to get water and dump sewer?

thx
    PA12drvr
    Back in AK

Most of the Tesoro stations have free dumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

The Holiday at Old Seward and O'Malley has easy access, also one at the Holiday at Abbot Loop and the Seward Hwy has one. I'm sure there are more, but those are two that I have used.

Cabela's has on you can dump two at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Another option if you don't ant to move your rig. Rent a Can will come pump you out is one I can think of off the top of my head. There is two others just can't remember who.

Fresh Water Options

Anchorage try White Whale or SPI Water. Those two companies pretty much cover Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak and Mat Valley. Both are DEC certified for water delivery. If you drink espressos you are most likely drinking water they delivery. Heard rumor one of them is working as far out as Talkeetna.

Last thing you have good neighbors? That will not care about the RV being parked? I just heard of someone a few years ago that the Muni told them no you got to go. But as long as you are not hooked up to anything you may be alright. Things just are not what they use to be around here. To many nosey people.

Thanks to all for the advice. Parking the RV is not a problem as I will be parking it on a vacant lot on the hillside where the only covenant is that it can't stay for more than 20 months......., but while I'm up there, I'll be having the old septic removed, the other existing utilities removed/replaced, etc and won't have any access to water sewer except for towing the RV somewhere once or twice a month.

Appreciate the input.

34 days to go
    Back in AK

Quote Originally Posted by pa12drvr View Post
    Thanks to all for the advice. Parking the RV is not a problem as I will be parking it on a vacant lot on the hillside where the only covenant is that it can't stay for more than 20 months......., but while I'm up there, I'll be having the old septic removed, the other existing utilities removed/replaced, etc and won't have any access to water sewer except for towing the RV somewhere once or twice a month.

Appreciate the input.

34 days to go
    That is why I am offering the above suggestions. If you want to stay put these guys will come to you. All the companies I listed are certified and really not very expensive. Just guessing but I am going to guess about $20 or $25 dollars for fresh water. Also work a deal out for a rent a can. Gives you and those working on site a place to use and they can pump your RV when they are there to clean the can.

I have been down this road myself......If you have a good level/easily accessible lot then not to bad for making the run to town to dump/water. How about after things get dug up? Having to back in to a spot, level the RV and wrap things up to move every week gets old fast. Make sure you get water form a good source. In other words make sure it's potable. Seen a few make that mistake.