Thread: Just got my new Woodliegh manual and bullets

Default Just got my new Woodliegh manual and bullets

Had fun loading some 350 grain 375h&h loads usjng woodliegh bullets They sure are a nice looking bullet and hopefully will work as well as the reviews.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chronographed them at 2300 fps Im impressed hope the bears are also

I've been considering a Woodleigh manual. Care to provide a review? Is it well done?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

The manual is very basic not even COAL's but it gives enough choices in powders to be able to load some of their heavier bullets where it is very hard to find data such as these 350 grainers. Barnes loads for a 350 TSX but it is a very different bullet. If it wasn't for that I might not have bought it but they are designed in such a way that I wanted to be careful about pressures.

[QUOTE=blackbear;1533016]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    The manual is very basic not even COAL's but it gives enough choices in powders to be able to load some of their heavier bullets where it is very hard to find data such as these 350 grainers.
    I think Woodleigh takes a somewhat different tact than is common when determining appropriate bullet jump/OAL. Regardless, published OAL is of pretty limited value, so lack thereof doesn't really bother me. Thanks for the insight.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist