Thread: 375 ruger re chamber

Default 375 ruger re chamber

Does anyone know what calibers a 375 Ruger could be re chambered to without milling the boltface? Looking for options on re barreling a stock 375 Ruger

The bolt face of the .375 Ruger is a standard diameter of a belted magnum cartridge, That being, you can rebarrel it to any standard magnum bolt face case. The thing that will limit you is the length of the loaded round which will be the same as a .300 WM. The .375 Ruger has been necked up and down from .26 to .416. My personal choice besides the .375 Ruger would be the .28 Nosler.
    Just a thought.

Why not sell the 375 Ruger and then buy what you want. 375 Rugers ought to be pretty popular up yonder.

It would rebarrel to 7mm mag and I have had a hankering for one of them lately. I went to a swap meet a couple of weeks ago and there was a like new Parker Hale 7mm mag 98 mauser with a Kahles scope for $600. What a buy.........but I refrained and now I am kicking myself.

I've tried to sell it a couple of times but it is left handed, and not much of a market for left handed rifles here. I do like the 7MM though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    I've tried to sell it a couple of times but it is left handed, and not much of a market for left handed rifles here. I do like the 7MM though. Thanks
    Have you tried flogging it on Canadian Gun nutz? A buddy bought a lefty .375 Ruger a while back and had a heck of a time finding one. I would think it would sell quick given the rarity.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

No I havent listed it on that site....good idea thanks! From what I can find out there was only 200 made like mine. Love the rifle just cant handle the recoil.