Thread: Dc827

Default Dc827

Hi all,
    New to forum here. Follow several other forums regularly and was turned on to this one since the FiancÚ and I drew tags for unit 20A. I researched the unit some and I see several people have posted information about it from a few years back. Few questions I have are as follows:
    Has anyone hunted this unit recently? Also did you use a transporter or go in on foot or atv? I have called several transporters and but have yet to book with someone. What kind of numbers did you see? Trophy quality? Thanks for your help in advance.

300 Win Mag:

I have a lot of experience with the Delta Caribou Herd (DCH).

I've seen the DCH go from an over-abundant population and hunted via OTC tag, to a low level equilibrium population whereas it wasn't hunted at all, to the currently stable population that's at relatively good numbers and hunted via lottery permit.

The DCH has always produced exceptional trophies and that fact is told within the various records keeping organizations. Trophy production is currently good and that's largely attributable to the lottery permit management strategy which is now in place.

If you want to send a PM to me, I can give you some pointers and helpful hints.

Maverick

Thank you for the response Maverick. I will shoot you a PM.