Thread: buffalo bore +p hardcast in an XD .45

Default buffalo bore +p hardcast in an XD .45

I am curious as to how hard buffalo bore +p 255 Hardcast is to the Springfield XD system. Springfield said it would be fine and another individual whom I trust says not so much. I do not plan on shooting 1000s of rounds, but I would like to feel safe when out in the toolies using them as back up. Any experiences or opionions? Thanks to all.

If they feed good use them.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

What kind of speeds would a buffalo bore +p 255 Hard cast .45acp give you?

I've always said, If you can only get one or two shots off. What would you us for bears?

In looking at the BB site, they are stating that they are getting a little over 900fps for the 255 grain bullet out of a 5" barrel. They are also 'suggesting' going to a heavier recoil spring and buffer.
    I would suspect that as long as one is not shooting these loads on a regular basis, that there 'should' be few issues. Shoot some to see how they group/function out of your fire arm and then load up a couple mags for carry ammo. I carry BB 220 hard cast in my G20sf, 10mm, when out in the woods, hiking and such, but do not shoot a lot of them. I have other loads that I practice with.

With minimal use you'll probably be OK but they will beat the frame over time if you don't use the appropriate spring. Most people can't afford to shoot a lot of them so you'll probably be alright.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff