Thread: Sharkhide durability or yellowing?

Default Sharkhide durability or yellowing?

New to the forum I am picking a up a new Hewescraft 2016 OceanProin a couple of weeks. And I would like to put sharkhide on it to limit oxidationon the new aluminium. My question is has anyone had problems with sharkhide ontheir aluminium boat such as yellowing after a couple years or flaking off.Also does anyone have experience putting sharkhide over the vinyl decals on theirboats is this a good idea or bad idea.
    Thanks B

I have had it on a riverboat for 5-6 years and have not noticed any yellowing. However gasoline will take it off. It will prevent the aluminum from turning dark. Cant say about decals.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Deweys tells everyone that because they don't order the boats with sharkhide. Dustin is full of bologna.

I put it on every surface except rubber, floor, and windows on my 2015 OP. Everywhere I could get to (not under the bunks). Inside and outside. I almost didn't do it because of their advice.

I love it. It washes down very nice. I can see one spot under the motor that I missed - would not like the whole boat to look like that. It's only been one year - but I talked to a lot of folks that put it on their boats 4, 5,6 years ago and no yellowing. Gasoline eats it right up though.

Make sure to use a 100% cotton baby diaper and wipe it down good with lacquer thinner (after 2 washes) really good - go light on the stickers with the thinner.

PS - some nice improvements on the 2016 model but also some I saw I wouldn't like.

PSS - don't put a 150 on her - go big or go home!

9 years and no issue with shark hide, do it immeditely before you even think about putting the boat in the water. Well worth it.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I appreciate the quick replies. Everything I could find onthis forum and others was very positive about sharkhide just wanted to see if Icould find anyone whom was having problems with it. Bullelkklr I am getting the16 OP with the Yam 4cyc. 200hp so it will be interesting to see how the performancediffers from your 15 OP with yam 250hp. I hope to post some data in a month orso once I get it out a couple of times.

I almost went with the 200. In the end i think i made the right decision for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me quite a while to apply the sharkhide. 10 hours of labor. Apply 2 coats. When you wipe it on it dries so fast you cannot hardly tell where you put it. I did the inside first and then made long wide sweeping applications down the entire length. I even put it on my trailer. I used 1.5 quarts.

10 hours included wash and prep