Thread: "SILLY WABBIT".......stuff that Bear Baiters Do.........thread/list

Default "SILLY WABBIT".......stuff that Bear Baiters Do.........thread/list

Lets make a list of "Silly" things that Bear Baiters do.
    __________________________________________________ _______

1.) Snivel about other Bear Baiters setting up near them.

2.) String survey tape every few feet so they can find their vehicle.........

3.) If they mark their station at all, they only mark it the direction that they approach the station, assuming there are not a lot of others approaching from the other direction.............

4.) Leave the station a mess, in fact just leave the whole station set-up year around.

5.) Think they have a well hidden bait station, but they pull the barrel in when there is snow on the ground, so anyone can walk straight to the station............

6.) Leave their foot prints in the muddy path to their station..........

7.) Always approach their station via the same route............

8.) If they are running an illegal station.......why bother registering it............

9.) If they are running an illegal station that is unregistered & unmarked.......why park their vehicle at the other end of the path to their station.........With mail addressed to them laying on the windshield..........

10.) If they get a ticket from a Law Enforcement Officer, and agree to "REMOVE" their illegal station........why in Sam'Hills name would they move it a few hundred yards and re-set up.

11.) If they get a ticket for operating an ATV in the National Forest, and told to remove their treehouse.......why would they use the same ATV to haul it out, so as to get another ticket...........

12.) Why go to all the effort and expense to operate a station (Not to mention the risk of a fatal vehicle crash racing to and from the site) only to hunt it one day a week........???

13.) Set-up a year-around illegal station only seven tenths of a mile from a three bedroom home with children playing in the yard, drawing bears to the residence.........

14.) Why leave your battery powered power tools (with your name) at the site where you are building a two story tree house...........and why not use plastic windows.........

NOTE: I am "NOT" anti-bear baiting, and I am "NOT" anti-hunting.

Feel free to add to the list.........

I seem to recall a thread where you mentioned killing bears and tossing them in the river quite a while ago..... not all baiters are unethical, illegal, trash leaving people. Matter fact I have pulled out "camp trash" and road debris on my trips in and out that I was not responsible for. AGL you have a long standing on this forum openly bashing baiters as "all being the problem".

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I have a long standing on this forum of "HELPING" people harvest bears, including giving dog food to bear baiters to help them, and advise where there are good locations to set-up a bait station. I do "NOT" feel that all or even most bear baiters are being a problem........but clearly some are.

SO I request you produce any evidence to support your contention that I......... have a long standing on this forum openly bashing baiters as "all being the problem".

It could be argued that I put much more effort into helping clean-up the problem, then those who pretend there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ProHunterAK View Post
    ....... AGL you have a long standing on this forum openly bashing baiters as "all being the problem".

You have taken the statement and posted it "OUT OF THE ORIGINAL CONTEXT"........The reference was to DLP bears killing my livestock. And I now have no livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by ProHunterAK View Post
    I seem to recall a thread where you mentioned killing bears and tossing them in the river quite a while ago.

AGL the way your thread was started honestly is distasteful and from an outsider looking in shows blatant finger pointing as a "whole" and honestly gives the baiting community a bad rep. As for your "DLP" statement show me in the regs where tossing a DLP kill into a river is "ethical"... I am all for protecting livestock, family, dwellings etc but if I had to do it I would do it by the book (skin / quarter / notify F&G etc etc). You may feel like you do a great justice to help others harvest and supply them with bait etc.. however posts like this instantly deter from your positive intentions and instantly make you look like *****. I have seen in the past how you have "found" unregistered / uncleaned stations (pre, present and post seasons) but have you given F&G coordinates to these stations? You mentioned the fact that someone set up a station illegally less than a mile from a home with kids. I am sure if you brought that to the attention of F&G that would raise a few eyebrows (I have had to do this in the past when I was unable to make contact with the hunter operating the station to advise them they were illegally operating a station) Fish and game was eager to cite the station owner.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

So.........tell me do you really figure that AST are going to spend their time disassembling a bait station and haul it out........Me thinks not. I'll bet I know of a dozen illegal tree houses in the National Forest. I have reported 5 illegal operations in JUST a (1/2) "HALF" mile stretch of the powerline.

And you must have one of those "THING'IES" that records coordinates, sorry I don't have one, would you please buy me one. Pretty hard to catch someone if they have not registered their site. Sure they could stake it out, and give him a $115.00 ticket.......gee that is not very cost effective. I think this is the same person who the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer gave a ticket three years ago.

There is NO follow-up to a ticket. They don't go check and see if he removed his illegal site. A $100.00 ticket is cheap compared to all the other costs of a Bait Station. Why haul in the barrel on you back, if you use your ATV and get a $100.00 it is worth the risk. I think many would be happy to buy a $100.00 60 day permit to haul food into their bait station, if it was available.

Last year I did not post anything on this forum about bait stations, because I just did not care anymore, and I was tired of dragging barrels out of the Chugach National Forest.

Maybe you should set-up a Bear Baiting organization.......ABBA (Alaska Bear Baiters Association) and "POLICE" your own group. Please note that: ATV, Snow machine, Trappers, Fishing, Air Craft owners and Pilots, Hunters, Hikers, and hundreds of others all have a organization to over see their interests.

Well AGL you are 100% correct. I think you would be an excellent board member to start a NPO. If you need some guidance on starting a legit 501C3 just Inbox me (it does cost a bit of money) but I would gladly lend assistance as I too run a NPO.