Thread: People that can't read

Default People that can't read

Hiked into Barber Lake cabin over the weekend. Sign where the canoe is parked says to leave the canoe upside down with the paddles under it. Well the canoe is upright, and what was once water in it has turned into a huge block of ice. There has got to be damage when it finally thaws. Canoe looked like a brand new model.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Maybe the earthquake flipped it back upright.....lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

My theory is that there is a noticeable percentage of folks that use these facilities whose IQ is far below the average.

It's not that they can't read, it's just that their mom wasn't there to do it for them.
    Did they shoot the sign? You know you're dealing with a real bottom feeder when they shoot the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    It's not that they can't read, it's just that their mom wasn't there to do it for them.
    Did they shoot the sign? You know you're dealing with a real bottom feeder when they shoot the sign.
    Around here we've got some what don't just shoot up the the signs, they shoot randomly into the woods along the road while driving. Amazingly, one of them got caught and busted a couple years ago. Sadly, such stupidity doesn't garner the death sentence.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

There are so many knuckle draggers among us that it is a wonder the sidewalks don't have ruts deeper than our highways do from studded tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Bronco View Post
    There are so many knuckle draggers among us that it is a wonder the sidewalks don't have ruts deeper than our highways do from studded tires.
    Lots of 'mouth breathers' also.

if you think that is bad, stand next to the sign on a road that say's speed limit is 50 MPH an see how many exceed that speed , what I am saying
    is, we all have brain fart at some time, I know it hurt your outing some what , that I am sorry for but we all do it, SID

Reading or not, sad to say more and more people just don't care these days. It's all about THEM and their rights, and the heck with anyone else. Pretty darned scary to me to see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    if you think that is bad, stand next to the sign on a road that say's speed limit is 50 MPH an see how many exceed that speed , what I am saying
    is, we all have brain fart at some time, I know it hurt your outing some what , that I am sorry for but we all do it, SID
    I disagree. No person who has a brain and an ounce of consideration would leave a boat right-side-up in Alaska, because anyone who has a brain realizes that a boat will fill up with fallen leaves and then rain water and it will freeze solid. But even if they weren't smart enough to figure that out, there was the sign... You Sid, would not do this, probably none of us on this forum would, but there are indeed some very stupid/inconsiderate people out there who just don't care.

Would if it was the wind that blew it over? I've had that happen to my canoe in the back yard several times. If you leave it propped against a tree or something, thinking that makes it easier to tip back over to use, then in good wind storm, it can blow upright. They might be able to read but just didn't think it through.

Nope,it didn't get turned over by the wind. It was obviously left that way. Right next to the sign.

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    Would if it was the wind that blew it over? I've had that happen to my canoe in the back yard several times. If you leave it propped against a tree or something, thinking that makes it easier to tip back over to use, then in good wind storm, it can blow upright. They might be able to read but just didn't think it through.
    That was my thought as well.
    Due to its design, a canoe that is upside down "even if left on the ground" can be caught by the wind very easily and thrown around.
    I have heard of it happening to many people I know.
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".