Thread: Ski boot covers

Default Ski boot covers

Does anyone here know offhand how low of temperatures ski boot covers are good for? I'm considering using skis for a draw hunt in the Fairbanks area next winter and might need something warmer than my xc touring boots if we happen to have a more typical Fairbanks winter than we did this year. The other option would be snowshoes or looking for some GI skis with Bunny Boot bindings.
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Does anyone here know offhand how low of temperatures ski boot covers are good for? I'm considering using skis for a draw hunt in the Fairbanks area next winter and might need something warmer than my xc touring boots if we happen to have a more typical Fairbanks winter than we did this year. The other option would be snowshoes or looking for some GI skis with Bunny Boot bindings.

I've used Apocalypse Designs xc ski overboots all day long between -20 and -45. I was moving though. At -20 they were actually too warm while moving. Add Arctic Shield boot covers or insulated Neos as soon as you stop if you're going to be stationary for any significant amount of time at -20 or below.

Just the information I needed. Thanks!
    Louis Knapp