Thread: OK I'm going to vent hope you guys can appreciate my frustration.

Default OK I'm going to vent hope you guys can appreciate my frustration.

Walk in to the Yamaha joint on Spenard. Tell the sales guy I'm in town through Wednesday and need to tie up a VikingIV by May 1 and need to do the purchase before I leave. Really Cash in hand and the DS lets me leave the store with the good old Alaska boy I'll get the purchase order worked up. Waiting nothing. I come in from the cabin on way to airport ready to write a check. First the guy is working another customer and won't make eye contact finally he goes oh that 2016 unit I quoted is no longer available in green but the super duper Ranch unit that is totally worthless in the bush is available for 4000 more look it has a rear view mirror! So whattaugot? Well I have s 2016 in real tree cost more but OK draw up the purchase agreement and e mail it to me. Well we don't really use computers but maybe a Fax really still in the 70s eh. Today I call still no PO. No kidding he hasn't called back. Guy tells me really sorry that real tree unit was a three place unit. *** the DS starts telling me how it's his fault had ysddayadda. Don't know when any units will be in. Called all over nobody has any or going to get any soon. I can't believe what I'm hearing. Called Wasilla 5 min conservation deal done. I wouldn't go back to Spenard if they were the only Yamaha dealer in AK. Thanks I feel so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Spenard. What more could you expect

Release Lake Trout

I have bought over a hundred yamahas from Big Lake Yamaha give them all call. You wont be disappointed and no stupid fee this documentation fee this, fee that they are out the door prices
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cplne View Post
    Walk in to the Yamaha joint on Spenard. Tell the sales guy I'm in town through Wednesday and need to tie up a VikingIV by May 1 and need to do the purchase before I leave. Really Cash in hand and the DS lets me leave the store with the good old Alaska boy I'll get the purchase order worked up. Waiting nothing. I come in from the cabin on way to airport ready to write a check. First the guy is working another customer and won't make eye contact finally he goes oh that 2016 unit I quoted is no longer available in green but the super duper Ranch unit that is totally worthless in the bush is available for 4000 more look it has a rear view mirror! So whattaugot? Well I have s 2016 in real tree cost more but OK draw up the purchase agreement and e mail it to me. Well we don't really use computers but maybe a Fax really still in the 70s eh. Today I call still no PO. No kidding he hasn't called back. Guy tells me really sorry that real tree unit was a three place unit. *** the DS starts telling me how it's his fault had ysddayadda. Don't know when any units will be in. Called all over nobody has any or going to get any soon. I can't believe what I'm hearing. Called Wasilla 5 min conservation deal done. I wouldn't go back to Spenard if they were the only Yamaha dealer in AK. Thanks I feel so much better

I had a similar situation with the Wasilla shop. Won't step foot in that place again. Good luck on your search
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I had a bad experience with the wasilla shop, I was picking up some parts for my buddy who accidently ordered through there. I was sitting in the parking lot at 9 am, they open at 9 am according to there sign at the time, and they were rolling the 4 wheelers out for show, and I went to walk in the door and they told me" woah man we aren't open yet". I replied "really? Its 9:10 and you open at 9, your all here and open." Guy replied something in a snotty tone and I went back to my truck and waited till they "opened." Saw another guy walk in and had no issues, I walked in and told them what the $%^& is going on here. Asked me what was wrong and I explained, dude at the counter said we just opened. My buddy was going to buy another 4 wheeler from there the next week, and he called them up and told them they disrespected himself and his friend(me) by pulling those shenigans, so he told them he's taking his business to big lake. I've done a lot of business at the big lake store and they are by far the best to deal with for anything atv/sled related.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Years ago, I had a similar experience trying to buy an 115 hp outboard from a shop on Commercial Drive in Anchorage. Paid 50% down in March and the plan was to do the install in mid April. The install appointment was set, but two days before, the shop calls and says the motor is hanging on a boat in another lot and it will take a couple days to retrieve it. I called them every other day, and three weeks later, they still couldn't locate the motor. So I got my deposit back, and went to the the Suzuki shop in Spenard. I inked a deal on a DF 115, and set up an install for the next week. The day before the appointment, the Suzuki shop calls and tells me he accidentally sold my motor...and he doesn't have another 115 in stock, and won't have any more for at least two months. I was beyond pissed and made that very clear. We ended up working out a deal on a DF 140. Paid quite a bit more than I wanted/planned, but I have to admit, i was very very happy with that motor.

Sure happy to hear it's just not me

Sorry you had such frustration! I couldn't even get waited on when I went to the shop on Spenard ready to buy 2 Grizzly's. Big Lake Yamaha was a fantastic place to deal with and the service since then has been great as well. Could ask for better folks to deal with.

Follow up. Ryan at Performance Yamaha Wasilla went out of his way to make this deal work. I bought the unit with accessories over the phone. I had a lot of questions and he never blew me off. E mailed me the purchase order next day. I sent him a $1000 deposit with funding to be on May 10. Not only did they hold the unit for 6 weeks they had all the options installed and ready to go by May 1. I instructed them to let the folks from the Lodge to pick it up. Ryan called when they arrived to confirm it was ok to release. Still have not met Ryan or for that matter even seen the Viking. Great Customer Service on my end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to hear you got a positive outcome. You might consider posting a new thread just about the excellent customer service you got. Good luck with the new machine!