Thread: FHA sale

Default FHA sale

Did anyone have any marten or other fur on the FHA sale yesterday? If so how did it do I don't have an account with them so can't see how bad it really was
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

So for those out there wondering how prices are they continue to decline it was a real ugly sale Lynx and otter were mainly unsold averages for marten were $59, Mink $11 Beaver $13!! and fox $23 coyote were ok with nice silky westerns at $109 but AK coyotes are a long ways from that with ours having a lot of woolly underfur and much shorter guard hairs then the ones in the NW.states. Really makes hard on a guy whos main income comes form trapping sure am glad we sew or I'd be looking for a full time job may still have to find a summer gig we will see

Sad...thinking of projects for my coyotes.

Well thats why I try to sell everything world of mouth, taxi.net and the Rondy auction. Sold 3 marten this morning in the round for $125.00ea to a taxidermist down south. Sold otters for $60 and $80 and lowest I received for my lynx this year was $125.00. But I also don't trap big #'s, just big mix bags and quality fur. Don't do it to MAKE money. Just breaking even is nice, lol.

I hear you Steve they could make it all worth a buck a pelt and I would still be out there just wouldn't be making a living at it LOL