Thread: Glacier Craft at auction

Default Glacier Craft at auction

Looks like someone got there boat and is trying to auction it off, if someone was interested in finishing a boat up this would be a good start.

https://grubstakeauction.hibid.com/c...er-craft-boat/
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

If you got it for a good price this would be a nice boat for sure. Guessing its just another deal gone bad!

From what I could gather from some Facebook comments, the unfinished boat came from a lawsuit win.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

About time, that's all I got to say about that

I spoke to Glacier Craft about the hull and possibly buying to finish by end of May. I understood it was one he had bought back from a contracted customer--do not know circumstances or why, just that he had it and wanted to sell it and was willing to make what appeared to be an extremely favorable deal. Ultimately with all things considered we decided to pass. I was originally looking for a 22' ocean pro that lead to considering a 24' Alaskan and then a 24' Pacific Cruiser, then 24' Explorer---I just kept inching myself forward and decided I needed to stop. With it unfinished and the uncertainty, I decided to go with the 24' Hewes Explorer.

Sure is a good looking start to a boat though. If I were more handy myself could have ended up with more boat than we needed.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

You saved yourself a big headache!! Nice boats not so nice experiences getting them built. Plus if you wanted a boat before 2020 you did the right thing.

Its bank owned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Went unsold first time around. Looked like it had an initial bid, but then a couple days before the auction ended it was gone. New auction ends March 31st. Starting price--$19,000.

Sounding more like hellova good start on a custom boat if the fabrication is sound and it sells anywhere around that $$$. Makes me wish I was a better welder. Well, and better electrician, plumber, general carpenter, and well, I shouldn't be building any kind of watercraft I would trust my family in.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Get if for $20K, spend another $100K finishing it and you would have a heck of a boat..

20,000 boat
    53,000 motors and rigging
    20,000 interior
    9,000 trailer

Be a good project. Only if this was for sale last year.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I was watching this and I swear the auction ended March 17 at 12:00 noon. Was I messed up or did they change it before it ended?

Understand it did not sell the first time so back up for bid.

Thanks, I must have been a day off.

Don't forget the 15% buyers fee that will be added onto whatever the sale price is from the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    20,000 boat
    53,000 motors and rigging
    20,000 interior
    9,000 trailer

Be a good project. Only if this was for sale last year.

2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

So where is this boat listed for auction?

Just click the link in the first page. It's Grubstake.

I'm sorry, the auction you are attempting to view has been hidden by the auctioneer. The auctioneer may choose to unhide the auction in the future. Please check back later to see if the auction is viewable.

This is all i get then i click the link.

Hmmm. Dunno--I just tried to look too and no longer on Grubstakes site at all. So either redeemed or some other event to end the listing altogether.

Hope we see it on the water someday. Too good looking of a hull to sit around unfinished.