Thread: Interarms Mark X trigger question

Default Interarms Mark X trigger question

I picked up an Interarms Mark X in nice condition. It has the standard hunting grade trigger unfortuneately. Any experience out there with replacing or altering this trigger. Would you try to find an original adjustable trigger which I read are nice or go aftermarket?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by peaceman View Post
    I picked up an Interarms Mark X in nice condition. It has the standard hunting grade trigger unfortuneately. Any experience out there with replacing or altering this trigger. Would you try to find an original adjustable trigger which I read are nice or go aftermarket?

Thanks.
    I have put Timney triggers in a lot of commercial 98 mausers which the MkX certainly is.
    Lately I have decided that the Bold triggers are just as good as the timneys at half the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I have put Timney triggers in a lot of commercial 98 mausers which the MkX certainly is.
    Lately I have decided that the Bold triggers are just as good as the timneys at half the cost.
    Do you know if the Bold triggers require any stock or metal work to drop in. I see Boyds' sells these and they are very reasonably priced.

My wife's Mark X 7x57 has a single set trigger that is a little heavy (maybe 5 lbs) unset but when it is set it will adjust down to ounces if you want. Just a thought.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    My wife's Mark X 7x57 has a single set trigger that is a little heavy (maybe 5 lbs) unset but when it is set it will adjust down to ounces if you want. Just a thought.
    Is this a factory trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by peaceman View Post
    Do you know if the Bold triggers require any stock or metal work to drop in. I see Boyds' sells these and they are very reasonably priced.
    I always got the Bold trigger with the safety and it did require a small amount of wood work but it was easy.

Bold trigger with the side safety needs a bit of inletting for the lever. Other than that, you MAY need to remove a bit of metal on the lower front corner of the bolt shroud, depending on which shroud you have, and whether the shroud was already clearanced for the factory safety lever. All Dremel and file work, easily done at home by a decently skilled hammer mechanic.
    I don't think I'd mess with the factory trigger, and just go straight for the Bold or Timney from the git-go.