Thread: Yamaha Viking IV

Default Yamaha Viking IV

Bucked up today and bought a VikingIV. This unit will be primarily used to run back and forth on a trail. Won't be abused. Any options you might recommend before it leaves the shop. I am having a lift kit installed, brush guard and rear bumper, windshield , hardtop and winch. Anything else. Not going to install bigger tires

Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tires make a huge difference if and when ya get off trail. The Viking is a really nice machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

How about a heater kit? We installed one on our 2013 Arctic Cat Prowler and it sure makes a difference. There is not a lot of heat that comes out of it, but there is enough to make a difference!

I could mount the small Planar 2d heater in one if you want some heat and plenty of it. We Install these in airboats and we sleep in there during moose season, fyi.
    Just a thought!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Thanks for the input, I only use the machine during the summer so I shouldn't need a heater. I had to laugh when I bought the unit as Yamaha advertises an adjustable drivers seat, yes and no- to adjust it you have to remove 4 nuts and physically position the seat. They also advertised the front axle guards which are two pieces of plastic that I'm sure will last a week. Still was the best machine for my purpose. Looking forward to getting it out to the cabin

Quote Originally Posted by cplne View Post
    Thanks for the input, I only use the machine during the summer so I shouldn't need a heater. I had to laugh when I bought the unit as Yamaha advertises an adjustable drivers seat, yes and no- to adjust it you have to remove 4 nuts and physically position the seat. They also advertised the front axle guards which are two pieces of plastic that I'm sure will last a week. Still was the best machine for my purpose. Looking forward to getting it out to the cabin

Don't forget at least a 3,5000-lb Warn winch. Cable will be fine for now, and rope later.