Thread: Summertime Sheefish

Default Summertime Sheefish

So, planning on another great hunting trip up the Haul Road. I've been reading about the fishing along the way and I am excited! I'll try for the usual Northern Pike, Grayling and Lakers, but can Sheefish be caught in the rivers along the road? I figure if they live in the Yukon then they can easily swim up into many of the rivers in that region. Trip is the first 2 weeks in Sept, hoping for some sea run Dollies in the Sag as well.

I've fished several of the rivers along the road while up hunting 'bou and never seen a sheefish. It would be cool though! Theoretically I don't know why there couldn't be, although all I've ever pulled out is trout and grayling.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Hmmm... I see, well, we plan on hitting a fair number on the way up and back. Got a couple spots we really want to try for northerns and lakers.

I would not count on sheefish, the only place I've heard of someone catching sheefish here in the interior was in the minto flats and that was only once. I've always wanted to do a Haul Road trip with the sole purpose to be fishing but just never have. Hope you have a good trip, post some pictures when you get back!