Thread: Noah's Marine

Default Noah's Marine

Last fall just before leaving for Africa I returned to port with the boat. I went to start it the next day and it went clunk, clunk, clunk. I made the decision to haul it all the way over to Anchorage to Andy Allsup at Noah's in Sept. I told him what happened and that it could be a winter project and left it. He finally got back and yep, the worst you wanted to hear, I had severely damaged the motor and a repower was going to have to happen. I reviewed everything with him, looking everything over and said OK, do it.

I finally got the boat back on Tuesday and I am truly impressed with his work. Every step of the way he kept me informed and the final result I am very pleased with. He straightened out a lot of issues; fuel flow, wiring, electrical distribution with fuses, switches, trim and everything he saw that needed correction. Things are going to be a lot better. He kept the cost down as best he could while straightening out a lot of problems that I never knew existed. Very professional work. I am very pleased.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Very good to hear positive things about professional marine services these days - so often I hear of people have the opposite experience.

Yes it is. I have friends that can tell you horror stories of quotes missed by thousands (6-8) if I remember correctly. Incomplete work done and just bad workmanship. I was given a price and it came in less than quoted. Basically the engine compartment was gutted of everything and it was completely set up very nicely and professionally.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I have visited Noah's marine 2x while visiting Anchorage. It is a clean place. All the boats I saw were well cared for and clean. You can bet that the quality of service at a place like that has to be good.

A good indication of a good marine shop is what do the customer boats look like? Does the place look like a scrap yard and have a bunch of beater boats lying around?

Sobie2