Thread: Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy - who we are

Default Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy - who we are

Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy is now entering our third year of business! Hard to believe the time has gone by so fast and I owe a very, very big thanks to the many of you on 'the forums' who have become customers to my business. Without you, I would not get to enjoy doing what I love, and doing it as a business.

My name is Juli Wolter and I have been a taxidermist for nearly 16 years now. Some of my customers ask me why I decided to pursue taxidermy and I tell them it all started when my family and I trapped marten, river otter, beaver, and wolves on Prince of Wales Island in the late 90's. Truthfully, I would look at the animals I trapped with my family and think of just how beautiful they were and all the ways I would like to have a mount done if I could. My signature line reflects my belief that taxidermy is more than just a 'stuffed animal' - it is art, and it is the preservation of a memory.

In 2000 I went to taxidermy school and for about 3 years after that I mounted some of the animals I had trapped. Lifesize wolves, marten, otters, lynx and ermine. Trust me when I say taxidermy school is fine, but there is nothing like apprenticing for an excellent taxidermist! In 2003 I was fortunate to be able to apprentice when I hired on with Dan and Becky Foster, at Foster's Taxidermy in Wasilla, Alaska. I worked for Dan and Becky and with Dan's patience and expert hand and eye to guide me, I was able to refine my skills with nearly 12 years of employment with them.

Now I am operating Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy as a full time business and am enjoying every minute of it! I continue to learn and 'perfect' my skills because no matter what, taxidermy is a profession in which you, the taxidermist, should be continually learning and improving.

Services offered at Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy include:

mammal mounts (large and small) of all kinds including:
    shoulder mounts
    pedestal mounts
    wall pedestal mounts
    life size mounts, with bases/habitat as needed
    half life size mounts, with bases/habitat as needed
    rugs

I also offer:
    antler panel mounts, velvet antler preservation, detachable or pinned antlers on shoulder mounts, skinning/fleshing/prepping for expedite to lower 48 taxidermists. Not sure I will be taking on skulls this year, as they take away from my time doing actual taxidermy (cleaning skulls is not really taxidermy, per se)

I can also seal all fur bearers and black bears, and can also complete temporary sealing certificates for your brown and grizzly bears (those that do not have to be sealed at specific locations) so that you don't have to take them to fish and game, I do that for you.

Fleshing, skinning, and tanning are included in the prices of all mounts.

For information on prices you can call or take a look at my website. www.alaskawildliferugs.com

To keep up to date on a selection of recent mounts that are being completed you can also visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AlaskaWildlifeRugs

Oh - and the best way to contact me is to call or text me at my cell phone - 907-715-4112. I don't have time to come onto the forum so much anymore, maybe once every week or so, so if you send me a pm here, it may sit in my inbox for a while

here are a few mounts to showcase the quality I strive for.

Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I have personally used Juli at Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy to mount a sheep for us (Sheep that is shown in her post). She does such a wonderful job, very detailed oriented, and her work is specular!!! I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for a GREAT Taxidermist.

Much thanks MKays! It was a pleasure to mount your ram!

Just finished up this young Mt Goat Wall Pedestal for a customer.
    Taxidermy IS art!

+1 for Juli's work!

a reindeer I just finished up with detachable antlers. One of the antlers popped off when the bull was shot, so it was required in this case.. He's a nice one!
    Taxidermy IS art!

That's what I call a Christmas tree bull......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    a reindeer I just finished up with detachable antlers. One of the antlers popped off when the bull was shot, so it was required in this case.. He's a nice one!
    I had to do a double take on that bull... very nice.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Beautiful! Great work!!

Juii,
    Your attention to detail is excellent. Very nice bull as well.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Juli, that sure is a gorgeous grizzly mount!!

Nice work!!

Very nice wish you did bird mount as well
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy is now entering our third year of business! Hard to believe the time has gone by so fast and I owe a very, very big thanks to the many of you on 'the forums' who have become customers to my business. Without you, I would not get to enjoy doing what I love, and doing it as a business.

My name is Juli Wolter and I have been a taxidermist for nearly 16 years now. Some of my customers ask me why I decided to pursue taxidermy and I tell them it all started when my family and I trapped marten, river otter, beaver, and wolves on Prince of Wales Island in the late 90's. Truthfully, I would look at the animals I trapped with my family and think of just how beautiful they were and all the ways I would like to have a mount done if I could. My signature line reflects my belief that taxidermy is more than just a 'stuffed animal' - it is art, and it is the preservation of a memory.

In 2000 I went to taxidermy school and for about 3 years after that I mounted some of the animals I had trapped. Lifesize wolves, marten, otters, lynx and ermine. Trust me when I say taxidermy school is fine, but there is nothing like apprenticing for an excellent taxidermist! In 2003 I was fortunate to be able to apprentice when I hired on with Dan and Becky Foster, at Foster's Taxidermy in Wasilla, Alaska. I worked for Dan and Becky and with Dan's patience and expert hand and eye to guide me, I was able to refine my skills with nearly 12 years of employment with them.

Now I am operating Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy as a full time business and am enjoying every minute of it! I continue to learn and 'perfect' my skills because no matter what, taxidermy is a profession in which you, the taxidermist, should be continually learning and improving.

Services offered at Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy include:

mammal mounts (large and small) of all kinds including:
    shoulder mounts
    pedestal mounts
    wall pedestal mounts
    life size mounts, with bases/habitat as needed
    half life size mounts, with bases/habitat as needed
    rugs

I also offer:
    antler panel mounts, velvet antler preservation, detachable or pinned antlers on shoulder mounts, skinning/fleshing/prepping for expedite to lower 48 taxidermists. Not sure I will be taking on skulls this year, as they take away from my time doing actual taxidermy (cleaning skulls is not really taxidermy, per se). If you are looking for pse bowstrings just check out proline and call it a day otherwise just look for us.

I can also seal all fur bearers and black bears, and can also complete temporary sealing certificates for your brown and grizzly bears (those that do not have to be sealed at specific locations) so that you don't have to take them to fish and game, I do that for you.

Fleshing, skinning, and tanning are included in the prices of all mounts.

For information on prices you can call or take a look at my website. www.alaskawildliferugs.com

To keep up to date on a selection of recent mounts that are being completed you can also visit my facebook page

Oh - and the best way to contact me is to call or text me at my cell phone - 907-715-4112. I don't have time to come onto the forum so much anymore, maybe once every week or so, so if you send me a pm here, it may sit in my inbox for a while [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Holly/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]

here are a few mounts to showcase the quality I strive for.

That is truely some artwork you have there. Best of luck to you and your business.