Thread: Dg336

Default Dg336

Pulled this tag this year.....time to start hitting the gym .

I have not seen much info posted on this hunt for several years and am wondering how the last couple of years have been for the goats, given our warm winters and lack of snow fall?

With the lack of snow, are there fewer places to put a Supercub down? is the RR and the Grandview stop still a possible starting point? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded_Herp View Post
    Pulled this tag this year.....time to start hitting the gym .

I have not seen much info posted on this hunt for several years and am wondering how the last couple of years have been for the goats, given our warm winters and lack of snow fall?

With the lack of snow, are there fewer places to put a Supercub down? is the RR and the Grandview stop still a possible starting point? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, if it was me I'd probably hunt right above Grandview between Bartlett and Trail glacier. We killed a billy up there years ago on a registration tag. Always goats up there from what I've seen and a good possibility of finding a monster too. I haven't a clue though as to where a guy would land a cub.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Thanks for input! Yeah, I suspect there are very few safe locations to attempt a landing.

Is it generally better later in the season when snow might push them down a bit?