Thread: Help on Air Service to Middle of Unit 13

Default Help on Air Service to Middle of Unit 13

I am looked to land at a lake or ridgetop in between Denali Highway and the Glenn. Smack dab in the middle of unit 13. It will be my whole family plus one, and we are looking for a drop camp, and fly out. I have gotten a hold of some pilots with super cubs, but I think it will be too much money with how many trips they will have to take. A 206 with floats, or something like that would be awesome. Some contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your best bet may be someone out of Willow or Talkeetna. I tried to contact flight services out of Glenallen area a couple years ago and couldn't get anyone to even answer the phone or return a call.

K2 Aviation operates a Beaver on floats out of Talkeetna. Alaska Bush Floatplane Service operates two 206's on floats out of Talkeetna. Both could get you deep into Unit 13, but it won't be cheap.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Before you pick a place to land. Spend time on google earth, nothing worse than flying in to have a four wheeler drive by the next morning...lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Lees Aviation in Tolsona Lake is your best bet

I second Jerry Lee. He runs a beaver and can get you out to a few lakes out that way. But beware like mentioned above, the whole unit 13 is mazed with trails and some old time hunting families. I would be VERY shocked if you didn't see and hear others no matter where you plan to go. Jerry's # is 227-2883.