Thread: Kodiak spring Bear Hunt Spiridon

Default Kodiak spring Bear Hunt Spiridon

I drew the spring bear hunt In Kodiak in the Spiridon penninsula area DB251 for this spring. Does anyone have any recommendations on an area to fly into? I have never been there. Any other advice you guys have would be greatly apprectiated!

Thanks
    - A

I shot you a PM.

i have db250 for 2017, basically it's the tag for the river there. I emailed Seahawk air about that area and they said they can land in a few spots. Is it for this year? If so give me a call or email. Depending on a few things we might be able to help each other out.

telrod cove good place to get dropped at and camp a zodiac to run around is a good idea bears are there but be prepared to spend time .

My wife and I both drew tags to Spiridon Lake for Spring 2017. How we both drew those without trying for a party hunt I'll never know. Of course, if she shoots a bear this Spring in East Afognak she won't shoot one next year. Two bear tags in a row for her. Pretty amazing.

Seahawk is taking us out this year and will probably call on him again next year. Any other good advice out there would be appreciated. It's hard not to plan for hunts even though you have others before them. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 907Aleut View Post
    I drew the spring bear hunt In Kodiak in the Spiridon penninsula area DB251 for this spring. Does anyone have any recommendations on an area to fly into? I have never been there. Any other advice you guys have would be greatly apprectiated!

Thanks
    - A
    I'd recommend checking with Andrews Air, they do drops there and know the area.

I also have this same tag. When are you planning on hunting? Don't want to step on toes. I will be hunting from spiridon lake using a zodiac from mid April through early May.

Quote Originally Posted by elkarcher View Post
    I also have this same tag. When are you planning on hunting? Don't want to step on toes. I will be hunting from spiridon lake using a zodiac from mid April through early May.
    Same here I don't want to drop in on anyone else. Mine is for this spring I will be going end the end of April/first part of May.

Thanks for the info everybody. My hunt is for this spring '16.