Thread: Looking for an AR-10 "Master Builder" (Anchorage to Kenai Area)

Default Looking for an AR-10 "Master Builder" (Anchorage to Kenai Area)

Looking for someone "SKILLED" at building AR-10 Tools. Strongly prefer they be Anchorage to Kenai area.

That is tinker toy stuff. No real skill required. You should be able to do it yourself.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Yes.........I can do it myself. However I am happy to employ someone to do it. A quality AR-10 receiver set costs more than an entire AR-15 rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    That is tinker toy stuff. No real skill required. You should be able to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yes.........I can do it myself. However I am happy to employ someone to do it. A quality AR-10 receiver set costs more than an entire AR-15 rifle.
    How much of a "master" do you need? I've built a few AR's, but I'm neither a gunsmith nor do I have a business. Although, depending on the work you are looking for, I'd do it for free for the joy of it. If you need like 50 rifles built, that's beyond me.

I know you read the 68forums, AGL. Plenty of AR-10 info there.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I just finished building this one last week. It was my first AR10, but as long as you go with DPMS pattern components the vast majority of the assembly is identical to any AR15. IMG_20160222_215139799.jpg

I did go the Wild West Guns in Anchorage to have the headspace checked because there aren't specified dimensions for AR10 barrels and bolts; probably the biggest difference between assembling AR platform 308s and 223s.

Building it yourself is not much cheaper than having one built, but it is more fun in my opinion!

Hit me up if you have any questions, I'm not a master AR builder but I have worked with and shot them for a lot of years while I was in the Army and now as a civilian.

Will.........I hate to send this project to the lower-48. However I am not hearing any suggestions for professional builders.

Steve at Alaska Tactical can't help you out?

What in the world do you need done to an ar10 that you would send it to someone in the lower 48 to do? They are like Legos, easy to build easy to change.