Thread: Lowe line canoe?

Default Lowe line canoe?

I'm looking for a aluminum canoe to leave at a remote cabin. I have a couple Old Towns and really like them but figure Aluminum would be easier to store and slightly more bear resistant. I'm considering a 16 Lowe line canoe flat back. Anyone have experience with that model in particular and Lowe canoes in general? I used to have 19' Grumman- How does the Lowe line compare with Grumman quality wise? Idea of value? The one I'm looking at they are asking $900 Seems a little high to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kandiyohi Kid View Post
    I'm looking for a aluminum canoe to leave at a remote cabin. I have a couple Old Towns and really like them but figure Aluminum would be easier to store and slightly more bear resistant. I'm considering a 16 Lowe line canoe flat back. Anyone have experience with that model in particular and Lowe canoes in general? I used to have 19' Grumman- How does the Lowe line compare with Grumman quality wise? Idea of value? The one I'm looking at they are asking $900 Seems a little high to me.

Thanks
    Are you in Dillingham?
    I enjoyed my Grumman until I flipped it on the Yukon. Decided a canoe wasn't for me on the river. Now I'm rethinking a canoe.

the Grumman is the king of Aluminum is the king of the metal canoes [ hard to come by here in Alaska ] SID
    PS I just sold my 19 SQ with lift, the canoe for $900 is high, but where are you ? if you are off the road system the price goes up fast