Thread: Whittier Halibut Charters

Default Whittier Halibut Charters

Anyone have recommendations for good halibut charters out of Whittier? All the charters I've done the past two years have been chicken charters. I'm looking for an all-day charter with a chance for some decent sized fish. I know, that's fishin', but it seems the charters I've gone fishing with lately have been only interested in limiting everyone out and getting back to the dock, which I guess means hitting the chicken hole.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Default Whittier Charter

http://www.fishwhittier.com/

Matt Kopec

Great guide and a great boat.

Riptide Charters
    Jay Jenkins 929-1798 or 632-0360

I've going out with him for about four years.

Default second that

Warren is right... Matt with fish whittier is GREAT. fast boat, the Swee' Pea and excellent guide. knows where the fish are and works hard for his clients..... we have gone with him for four years now after years of shopping around with various charters...

Thanks guys! I called Ray and he is booked for July but told me to give Matt a call. I talked to Matt this morning and he is also booked but is going to try fit me on a cancellation.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Cant remember the Capt. name right now but his boat is the T Rex. He fished us all day and we all caught Halibut!!! When we got back to port we were the only ones cleaning fish. I'll get his name for ya. Also Prince William Sound Eco Charters he will also keep you out till you catch the fish you want. I normally don't recommend charters out of whitter but both of these guys will work for you!!!!

Best of luck
    Tight lines