Thread: Cruising Alaska

Default Cruising Alaska

I have thought about a cruise to Alaska but I always jokingly said they won't let me hunt from the deck, so why go? I would much rather go without the touristy stuff but will have to break down and take the wife one of these years. In the meantime I am going back for caribou south of Deadhorse in August.

My folks took a cruise on the inside passage in June, 2001, the same year I went over by Lake Clark on my first moose/caribou unguided hunt. We were out when 911 happened. Anyway me and Mom and Dad were looking over a map after I got back and I showed them where I was. My Mom looked at how far they had gone and said, heck we never even made it to Alaska. I still laugh about that. She will be 90 soon and Dad is gone, so ... guess I better get my act together.

One of the small ship cruises may be a better fit for you. They typically stop every day and let you go kayaking or take you for a short hike. They can look more expensive but most times everything is included, unlike the big ships.

Thanks that is a good idea. I will look into a more "personable" cruise. Sure am looking forward to getting my wife up there as I think she will love it as much as I do, thanks

the small one are the 'Spirit' boats .... they take like 90 tourists and some times take the back roads ...