Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm

Default 9mm

So I was thinking about getting a 45 like EKC's and was walking around town looking to see if anyone had ammo and cost. Well no but one store had two twenty round boxes for like 35 each. I then noticed 9mm fifty round boxes for a buck less than 22mag. I said dang I should by a 9mm just to but this ammo but of course no 9's in town. A store worker said he had a 9mm he might sell and I said bring it to town. Soooo next day I buy a 1994 Hi Power as new with three thirteen round mags and five hundred rounds factory ammo for seven hundred bucks. Picked up another five hundred at the store so good to go. I have bought many a 9mm for resale and may have shot one once or twice but due to cheap ammo I'm now a 9mm man. My battle rifle is my M-I Inland but I do need lots more ammo for it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Sounds like a steal! Should be a bundle of fun to shoot
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

That's Interesting.

That they are selling ammo in Round boxes, nowadays.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Good score. Why go 22LR when 9mm is the same cost?

In my area, 22LR is still nearly impossible to find. People snatch up whatever becomes available. 9mm is plentiful here and even sale pricing now and again.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    Good score. Why go 22LR when 9mm is the same cost?

In my area, 22LR is still nearly impossible to find. People snatch up whatever becomes available. 9mm is plentiful here and even sale pricing now and again.
    He said,,,,, "I then noticed 9mm fifty round boxes for a buck less than 22mag."

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SOTN not over my head
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I bought fifty round boxes once, they kept gettin away so I went back to square ones.
    I love the 9mm. I was a 45 guy for years...still am but I picked up a XDM in 9mm to try and I love it, cheaper ammo to.

Congratulations on your new pistol. I picked up a Hi Power in the early 90's and had it customized by Arizona pistol smith Don Williams. I consider good sights, a trigger job and disconnecting the magazine safety improvements for the Hi Power. Mine shoots so good I never got around to replacing the factory barrel. The trigger reset is not quite as fast as a 1911, but few would notice the difference.

With a good 124 grain hollow point the 9mm is a reliable round in a shoot out and most of us can shoot the 9mm faster then larger calibers and ammo is cheaper. There is a Hi Power web site out there that has a ton of info on the wonderful Hi Power and it's history and 9mm rounds. It is a "classic" and no other pistol has as good a feeling grip to me as the Hi Power.

Amigo Will,Iím also thinking about getting a 9mm. Iíve always been a .45 guy, but the newgun Iíll be getting soon only comes in 9mm at the time. So I did a little researchand found itís also cheaper to reload then .45acp. Iíve never shot a 9mm. Can you tell me whatyou think of the 9 and compared to the .45 are you getting a lot less recoil oris it hardly noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
    Amigo Will,Iím also thinking about getting a 9mm. Iíve always been a .45 guy, but the newgun Iíll be getting soon only comes in 9mm at the time. So I did a little researchand found itís also cheaper to reload then .45acp. Iíve never shot a 9mm. Can you tell me whatyou think of the 9 and compared to the .45 are you getting a lot less recoil oris it hardly noticeable?
    The 45 acp's I always used were 1911 type pistols and the Hi Power has much in common with the 1911.. The 9mm has a lot less recoil in that type of apple to apple gun at least for me.

Sounds like a great deal to me. Browning High Powers have always held a special place in my heart. Heres a picture of one of my current ones:

They shoot great and as intended until some easy chair wanabe gunsmith alters them. Congrats and welcome back to the HP club.
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

I bobbed my hammer some 2 lines. Those Millet sights?

I know what you mean with the long hammers, I own s clone that has the ring hammer and I much prefer it. Why FN made that change, I'll never understand.
    Steve

Steve do you still have the thirty two pound hammer spring in your Browning's? This gun shoots great for me,hits what I'm looking at

Amigo, box stock. Even the mag safety.
    Steve

Same here but racking the slide with mag in place is tough for my old hands and wrist. I now just cock the hammer and then rack the slide,insert the mag then put into service

I've been asleep at the wheel and went right by this thread.

Will I went to get a case of ammo for both my Desert Eagle 45 Commander and my new 10mm. Boy was I second guessing myself. I decided I had to have a nine as well for the exact same reason you got one. My problem is that I had spent my gun kitty dry. So I sold one of my Single Sixes(I had 3 and haven't shot any of them in two years). An old Single Six won't bring anywhere close enough for High Power or CZ 75 so I worked within my budget and grabbed this one. I had one of these a couple of years ago and was 100% satisfied with it so I got another. Have a look
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=540005698

Nothing fancy but very functional. Same exact gun as a Cz75.

I have an EAA Witness Match 9mm made by Tanfoglio in Italy. It's built like a Swiss watch. They were sleepers for many years but popularity gained and so did the sticker. Very nice single stage trigger.

Good score, Amigo. In town here Blazer brass 9mm 115 FMJs can be had for less than $90 and that's 350 rounds!

Back in the early 90's I had a witness comp in 10mm and it was much nicer and cheaper than my delta colt. Here we have three brands of 115gr from18.00 to 20.00 and 22mag is 22.00 so no brainer here for me. From what I have spent on gun and ammo I just need to shoot up 400 boxes of ammo to get ahead of paying two bucks extra for 22mag and using the three 22mag guns I already had

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast