Thread: Awesome last day, Windfall Creek

Default Awesome last day, Windfall Creek

Awesome last day for the "legal" sockeye run at Windfall Creek today. Any and all whom were up there contributed to a great day of fishing, lets do it again next year, or next month at Sweetheart Creek.

epw, glad to hear you had a good expience up there. Very cool. Mine have all been overcrowded.

Sweetheart Creek.... you might see me there!

We got up there about 10:30/ 11:00 am and there were only about 5 folks fishing yet we passed 13 people leaving. I think it is all about timing. Last Wed. it was just me and two others in the hole for about 1.5 hrs. I think the crowds have been pretty minimal this year compared to other years.

My partner made one cast today and landed a nice sockeye. Had it landed before I even had my waders on. I took a little longer but was successful and had a great last day.

The hole at the confluence barely seats three people that like eachother. I am completely turned off to Windfall Creek sockeye.

You hike in, try to squeeze in, and, hike out with how many fish? Your limit is one.

I'd rather fish for irish lords alone than be a part of that weak fishery.

Soggy,

I understand your pain regarding Windfall, but I was rather pleased with it and I was trying to say that all that all the people up there were great and the experience over all was pretty cool. It totally smokes all the other "social" fisheries around here (DIPAC, Fish Creek, etc) and I believe the hike in is half the fun. Also, the limit, one fish works just fine for me and, by the looks of it, everyone else up there. Saving my back for the 25 at Sweetheart. I dont want to get you pissed off Soggy, but you kinda hijacked my thread with some negative stuff. The fishery up there, in my eyes, is an extremely positive environment, with super cool people who will give you your space when you have a fish on. I think fishing in Juneau IS going to be somewhat "social" and Windfall was not that bad. Also, a friend of mine found another hole up there that had around 50 sockeye in it with not a soul fishing it. In my opinion, Windfall was a great time and I will be back next year, lets hope the sockeye will.