Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side by side...4 seater?

Default Side by side...4 seater?

Dabbling with some ideas. Looking for a side by side that seats four. Don't need gobs of power but ground clearance and a little room for gear would be nice. Have no idea what's out there or what I should be searching.....help.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Yamaha makes a nice 6 seater I have 2 lots of room. Just make sure you get a tall enough enclosed trailer. Dont ask me how i know
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

if i'm getting a side by side, i ain't got the coin to get an enclosed trailer!! lol
    Master guide 212

No side by side myself, but got a couple of buddies with the Honda Pioneer 700's and they love them. Shoot I'd love to have one myself. I like that the back seats can fold down when you don't need them and wanna haul more cargo.

i went and talked with arctic cat, polaris and yamaha all in a matter of a couple hours out here in big lake. one shop was less than helpfull as far as information goes, but let me sit in a crew style. the other two didn't have any in, but had some on order. after talking to all of them, i found myself going back to the arctic cat, i've had great experiences with cats in the past and the storage they added to their new crew is impressive.
    so i reserved a hdx 700 crew from big lake arctic cat, will fit my whole family (barely). should be here in less than a month i believe.
    Master guide 212

Hope it works out for ya Jake, and that you have a good season this year....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Not sure about the 700hdx crew, but we do have a 2013 700hdx and do really like it. Keep us posted when you get it. How are you having it set up? If nothing else, ensure that you get a big enough winch!!!!!

This year we have been using an 800 Ranger on tracks, an 800 Ranger on wheels, 2 Yamaha Grizzlies on wheels and a John Deere 4 place on tracks for lion hunting. Both Rangers have had numerous breakdowns including several bent steering arms on the Ranger with tracks, broken A Arms, and engine issues. The 2 Grizzlies and the John Deere on tracks have been flawless. Only issue with the 4 place John Deere is that we have to haul a 5 gal. gas can along as it has too small of a tank, about 6 gal. But it is a heavy duty work horse.

i'm not doing much with the set up, its gonna be a squeeze just to own the thing, let alone trick it out.
    gonna just run a come along instead of a winch for a while, i have no plans to go crazy with it for a while. gonna run it for ayear then see what i really want added to it. i think a roof and front window might be something i'll want.
    gonna get extended warranty and a cover for it to start with. we'll see how it goes. first wheeler of any sort i've ever owned...lol
    Master guide 212

Don't forget a winch right off the bat!
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Good Luck. Personally, I'm not a big arctic cat fan for ATV's.

If you don't care to be the fastest and want reliability the clear choice is Kawasaki. The Teryx4 has the same wheelbase as most of the two seaters, more passenger leg room and the only manufacturer to offer a standard 3 year warranty. I did a ton of research before purchasing mine and the Kawasaki forums are filled with owners who had other brand side by sides before getting a Teryx. I bought a fully loaded used 2013 Teryx4 last summer with extended warranty through 2018 for $10,500.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

You are welcome to come take my RZR4 for a spin. It's amazing where these things will go. It's a bone stock 900 other than a roof and 1/2 glass front and full glass rear.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

You will want a windshield of some kind. We have used some older SxS at work for a few years without any windscreen and froze even on "warm" summer days.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    You will want a windshield of some kind. We have used some older SxS at work for a few years without any windscreen and froze even on "warm" summer days.
    ^^^ This has been my experience. Don't have a 4- or 6-seater but have two Polaris rigs: one's a standard ATV and the other one is an SXS "1-seater". Both 800's, both several years old, both absolutely dependable with either wheels or tracks, but YMMV.

After the 1st fall with the ATV w/out any protection, put a windshield on it. After the 2nd Fall with the SXS, put a full cab on it. In return for year-round use, I can suffer through the 3-4 weeks a year when the cab gets a bit too warm.
    Back in AK

The two piece windshield are nice. You can flip the top open for some airflow or remove it in about 30 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Sounds like a Honda Pioneer might be something to check out

If you go honda, make sure you get one with low range... The 700 evidently only had one range - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStkvHpkl60
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I went bigger so the whole family could ride if we needed to.
    Arctic cat hdx 700 crew.
    Master guide 212

I think you'll be happy with the cat, I've been running them for years with very few issues. Tough as nails and that lil 700 is bullet proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast