Thread: diawa saltist

Default diawa saltist

Im going to be picking up a saltist 2 speed for halibut and lingcod jigging. I am going to spool with 80 lb braid. I was wondering if I should go with the 30 or 35 sized. There are no stores nearby that carry one to look at before buying it so I was wondering if anyone here is running them and what their thoughts are. It will be going on a shimano trevala rod. thanks!

Have you tried Trusty or sportsman's? I'm sure I have seen them around here some where since the 1st of the year. They were in a showcase and they had both the 30 and 35.
    RASTUS

I have not used both so my opinion may be skewed, but I am really happy with my 35. As mentioned I used to see them at Trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    I have not used both so my opinion may be skewed, but I am really happy with my 35. As mentioned I used to see them at Trustworthy.
    Im not currently in town and no where near me carries them. Do you have any concerns with line capacity with the 35? size wise is it much smaller than the 40? I want to be able to fit at least 200 yards of 80 Power pro on it.
    thanks!

I decided to go with a 35. Thanks!

You'll love it.
    Rinse it lightly with fresh water when you're done for the day and you've bought your last halibut reel.
    Until you see a Daiwa Tanacom Bull 750 that is...