Thread: Fox and a Lynx

Default Fox and a Lynx

Picked up another lynx and this nice little fox this weekend. I'll snap a photo of the lynx once it thaws out. Here's the fox.

Nice, Bushwack! What a fun last few weeks you've had. What's next? Wolverine?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Nice, Bushwack! What a fun last few weeks you've had. What's next? Wolverine?
    Boy, I sure wish Cod! I'd love to have a chance to take a wolverine sometime. No, I'm just glad to give my kids a chance to harvest a few critters every now and then. I'll take whatever the good Lord provides man. But I think I'm mostly done for the season. I took down the remainder of my traps and snares last weekend. But I did see some otter sign. I have been thinking about setting a few traps for otter. We'll see how it goes. You haven't been doing too bad yourself. I saw that nice wolf you called in about a week ago. Congrats.

Yeah, an otter would be another great pelt. Boy fur pelts are pretty. Good luck to you's guys and thanks for congrats. Was out again today after them. Set a goal for myself this winter of 3 wolves. Too bad our winter down here has been so pitiful. (But about 13-24 inches of snow now depending on locale.)
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Congrats BJ! Yep, looks like another nice cross from the area and the hips still look in good shape. I usually try not to catch fox after the 18th of Feb even know the season goes till the 28th because of their hips being rubbed. I havn't seen a cat track since the last one I caught last month. Can't wait for them to rebound. Good luck on the otter, get you a bunch of 330's and you will have know problem catching them fish killers..

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Congrats BJ! Yep, looks like another nice cross from the area and the hips still look in good shape. I usually try not to catch fox after the 18th of Feb even know the season goes till the 28th because of their hips being rubbed. I havn't seen a cat track since the last one I caught last month. Can't wait for them to rebound. Good luck on the otter, get you a bunch of 330's and you will have know problem catching them fish killers..
    Hey Thanks Steve. If I can get my hands on a few 330 Conibears, I'm gonna try your suggestions.

Bushwack pretty fox, good time to get otter the next month they are starting to move here females leaving the families big males will start chasing them soon
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Bushwack pretty fox, good time to get otter the next month they are starting to move here females leaving the families big males will start chasing them soon
    Thanks for the tip otterman. Okay guys, here is a pic of the lynx.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see how you do with the otters.

Nice fox and cat!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....