Thread: Otter mittens

Default Otter mittens

Just have to brag about the mittens my wife made me from otter I trapped a couple years ago...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mittens.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	88451

Very Nice.

Very nice. My brother had a pair of river otter gauntlets made years ago. I hope to be able to wear them someday, along with his lynx hat, and my black bear mukluks.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I loved my otter mitts they lasted me over 25 yrs till the voltage regulator went south on me one day and the hand warmers melted in the palms spoiled the leather so i retired them and they hang in my wifes sewing room. they took the abuse of the line in days before hand warmers and kept on keeping me warm had one of them sucked into the track of the snow machine one cold dark night and lost half of them a time or three and had to go back looking for them they were the first pair of what is now hundreds of pairs of mittens my wife has sewn by hand hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine .
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Otterman, let me know when your in town next so you can look at my mitts to see if they are repairable. Samething, the palms are dried and rotted out but the gloves are only a few years old. Clinton comes to town next Friday and is running my wolf line with! Take care!