Thread: March fishing Kenai saltwater

Default March fishing Kenai saltwater

Seward or homer for March fishing trip for kings and other. Or another place on Kenai. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are looking at going down to Seaward in March, my son wants to see the whales. While down there we are trying to decide if we want to go out of Seaward again or drive to the western side of the peninsula to go fishing. We are looking at going after kings. Does anyone have a recommendation between the different locations available?

Homer for kings. I've heard of great king fishing out of Seward in early May, though, so perhaps they start hitting them earlier than I realize? Homer has a great year-round king fishery, though. I'd contact Josh Brooks (Brooks Alaska Adventures) out of Homer and Andy Mezirow (Crackerjack Charters) out of Seward and see what they tell you.

Don't think you will find any Kings out of Seward in March, Homer has a king derby on the 19 th. Charters will be full that weekend.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

In Seward call Dianne M. Dubuc on the Florette C, she fishes year round for kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    In Seward call Dianne M. Dubuc on the Florette C, she fishes year round for kings.
    Nunya is correct, there are feeder kings to be had everyday of the year in Res. Bay
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Not sure you'll see many big whales, "most" of the humpbacks are in Maui thru February, killer whales should be around though.

Charterboat Operator

Sounds like a fun trip!! Ether place offers feeder king salmon fishing fairly close to the marina and typically sheltered from some of the weather that March can dish out, sounds like you will be closer to Seward , there are a number of passionate and productive salmon fisherman there, I'm sure a web/chamber search of available captains as well as some trip advisor reviews, and the folks who have already been mentioned on here will steer you in the right direction..that being said we have a few Juvenal humpbacks that stay in K-Bay all winter and you will have the occasional pod of orcas roll up on you well trolling here in the winter, and that's nice to see but can be tuff on your king bite .. Good luck👍🏻

Thank you for all the responses. Look like we might have a plan now. Go to Homer for fishing, than over to Seaward on a touristy boat for whales. This way we get to see the western coast. Still open to more input though. Have a email out to Brooks checking on availability.