Thread: Helmet setup for glasses

Default Helmet setup for glasses

What's best set up for helmet and wearing glasses, had the skidoo modular helmet but mask anti fogging part broke, any helmet google set up any agood

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

I haven't found anything that works very well so I've gone to wearing contacts and goggles when I ride. It's the only time I wear contacts. If it's fairly warm outside I can ride with just my glasses on and that works fine, but I have a SWT Skandic with a huge windshield to sit behind.

Open face motocross style helmet with quality goggles. I wear Smith's. My glasses are small enough to fit well under the goggles. Glasses will still fog when I stop, but clear up when I get moving. It helps to use anti fogging paste on the glasses and goggles.
    Full face helmets are useless to glasses wearers. I didn't have much luck with the modular helmets either.
    You can buy a face mask or balaclava with a built in breath deflector that helps a lot also.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Also suggest using the quick attach set up for the goggles rather than having the strap on the goggles go around the helmet. When you stop it allows you to quickly remove the goggles from your face using the velcro letting them dangle from the helmet. When it's time to get going you can quickly get them back on instead of fussing with the strap over the helmet.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I used to wear glasses with a full face, I just left the visor cracked open a little bit and that cured most of the fogging problems. Face got pretty used to the cold weather and I still haven't got frostbite yet, I wear contacts now but the habit stuck. The best helmet I found was this cheapo polaris helmet, it was like 90 bucks and is awesome at not fogging and kept my glasses from fogging well. On the other side now, since I'm wearing contacts sometimes I wear just goggles and a rabbit hat, and I can't keep the goggles from fogging!