Thread: DM443 Antlerless Moose in 14C Peters/Little Peters Creek

Default DM443 Antlerless Moose in 14C Peters/Little Peters Creek

Does anyone have any good moose hunting stories from this area? I have hiked in the peters creek trail head up on top of the mountain a couple times but I've never seen any moose around. I haven't been very far down the trail either to what I've heard is an old homestead site. i have been successful with moose up arctic valley in the past, am I looking at a similar hunt here in Peters Creek? Any and all tips are appreciated and good luck on your hunts too!

I have only hiked peters creek valley once and saw two moose about three miles in. The moose are in their. Maybe take the trail to mount eklutna and glass some?

Thank you.

Well if you draw this tag I recommend you be on the trail before the sun comes up so you can have a few hours of silence before all the local trail hikers come out blasting music and talking loud. cow2016.jpg

What the Hell were you expecting when you applied for that permit to cull a moose in an Alaska State Park, on a popular PUBLIC trail........???

Quote Originally Posted by bbjones View Post
    Well if you draw this tag I recommend you be on the trail before the sun comes up so you can have a few hours of silence before all the local trail hikers come out blasting music and talking loud. cow2016.jpg

Congratulations on filling your tag. How far back did you wind up going?

AGL4now I was expecting the noisy day hikers to be there because that's what I encountered during my scouting. I just wasn't expecting them to be extra noisy and for it to carry as far as it did the days I was hunting. So I made due and went a little further down the trail a little earlier in the morning and made it work. akfish716 I went over the creek crossing and took off into the woods, almost all the day hikers ended up turning back at the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    What the Hell were you expecting when you applied for that permit to cull a moose in an Alaska State Park, on a popular PUBLIC trail........???
    Whoa. Freak out much? Or just looking to hit the ????????????? A few extra times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    Whoa. Freak out much? Or just looking to hit the ????????????? A few extra times?

There's quite a few folks on here unfortunately that like to troll making sarcastic/snide comments. I just shake my head when I see them writing stuff like this. We all could benefit from there infinite wisdom when were asking for it before the hunt, not afterwards.

There's quite a few folks on here unfortunately that like to troll making sarcastic/snide comments. I just shake my head when I see them writing stuff like this. We all could benefit from there infinite wisdom when were asking for it before the hunt, not afterwards.
    that wasn't at you Kevin that was at the "what were you expecting" fella

that wasn't at you Kevin that was at the "what were you expecting" fella
    Ya I follow. My comment was meant for him. He is all knowing and done everything and been everywhere so we best just listen to him.