Thread: Rc 566

Default Rc 566

Hello everyone. Me and a friend just got drawn for the RC 566 hunt. Never done it before and could use any information. I dont know if its just me but im having trouble trying to find good resources and info for the hunt. For instance is the Denali hwy worth driving for this hunt, or should I stick to driving the tok cutoff? What areas are best for glassing from the road? I wont be able to start hunting till around august 15th so what area does the nelchina herd usually occupy during that time? Also any suggestions for the hunt are much appreciated.

Thanks

Of all the hunts talked about on the Forum, the unit 13 caribou hunts may top the list as most discussed. Use the search function in the Alaska Hunting forum and look up RC566, Nelchina, Nelchina caribou, DC485, Unit 13, Unit 13 Caribou, Tier 1 caribou, etc...... You should find enough information to keep you reading for days.

Most important thing you need to know,....... It's a guaranteed tag, not a draw. Plus by taking that tag you cannot hunt caribou or moose anywhere but unit 13, that includes your whole household too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the input