Thread: 1963 Win. Model 88 .284

Default 1963 Win. Model 88 .284

Win. model 88 in .284 caliber. S/N 140636A made in 1963.
    Very good condition. All original. 22 in. barrel. Small crack in stock behind lever.
    Comes with original factory mag, extra 7 round mag, scope base on receiver, and 1 1/2 boxes of Win. 150 gr. power point ammo.

1650.00 or best off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

that is very rare, superb rifle, and a great buy. the 7 rd mag [ ? by Colyer ] is also rare. I already have one , including the mag, mine is from 1963 also....otherwise I would be on this one ! good luck

Amen, it's rare. I looked for one for about 20 years and no dice. If I hadn't picked up a Savage 99 284 instead, I'd be all over this. I have an 88 in 358, and they're quality arms.

I owned 2 Pre 64 Win 88,s in .284, they are rare they came out with the 284 Win in the 88 in 1963, then changed the rifle and stock in 1964.

Nice rifle, and a lefty can reverse the safety!

Hunted quite a bit with my last 88 in .284 shot a 52" bull moose with it and a Full curl ram.

I have a xtra model 88 284 original magazine for $100 local only. PM please. Nice rifle, and a lefty can reverse the safety!.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Amen, it's rare. I looked for one for about 20 years and no dice. If I hadn't picked up a Savage 99 284 instead, I'd be all over this. I have an 88 in 358, and they're quality arms.
    and an 88 in 358 is the ultimate prize in 88s !!

are you interested in any trades for the 88? I have rifles, pistols, optics and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    Hunted quite a bit with my last 88 in .284 shot a 52" bull moose with it and a Full curl ram.
    How cool is that?!

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is a usuable firearm tho it has collector value as well. I recommend checking gunbroker, gunsamerica, and armslist to see if my price is reasonable. I bought this rifle in Nome in 2009 and have realized some gain in it's value. Likely it will continue to increase in value with time.
    I am looking for a S&W 357 mag or maybe Ruger revolver and would accept such, in good condition, as a partial trade.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Pretty interesting read on the Win 88 they made less .284 than any other calibers and the Pre 64 88 in Win 88 is probably the rare one!

http://smith-wessonforum.com/firearm...er-action.html