I donít want to dog the many charter operators out there, as 99% of them are very competent and are very safety conscious. But the other 1% of them are an accident waiting to happen. On Monday 6/25 I was anchored approx. 5 miles off of point pogbshi with my wife and 2 kids. I saw a charter boat headed toward me at approximately 30kts. I called them on the radio when they were approx 1/2 mile away and again at approx. 300í and headed directly for me. I started the motor and was ready to cut the anchor rope when he altered his course a few degrees and passed by about 40í off of my bow at full speed. His wake put water over the bow of my 22í Hewes craft and knocked my kids to the deck. I am getting a little tired of this as last year we had pretty much the same scenario with a Tour boat out of Seward. I consider this an eminent threat to the lives of everyone on board my boat. In the future I will take appropriate measures to insure the safety of myself and my family. Perhaps a parachute flair across the bow?