Thread: Unit 13D sheep hunt

Default Unit 13D sheep hunt

Well I've started on doing my homework but with anything I do I have had way better experiences actually talking to people rather than searching online for hours at a time. If anyone knows anything about DS165 or knows someone who may have a little insight I'm all ears...even the littlest bit of info can sometimes help a ton! Haven't been able to get a hold of meekins air or lee's air since I work night up north...hopefully they can provide me with a bit of insight. Thank you!
    -THE ONLY THING CONSISTENT IN TRAPPING IS CHANGE-

I'm sure this won't be too much help, but my buddy had that tag last year. He only saw one small band of rams the entire time. Said they were on the move and he could never catch up to them. Ended up leaving without a sheep. He was focusing his efforts around Klutina.

He did say that he talked to some other hunters on the way out, that had just came from Tazlina area. They told him that they saw a good number of sheep in there, but mainly ewes and lambs. I don't think they were successful either.

A little something for you....

Awesome that's definitely a start to so info...really excited to fly in there later this summer and do some looking! I appreciate the tips!
    -THE ONLY THING CONSISTENT IN TRAPPING IS CHANGE-

That is a good area but you definitely need to do some scouting. I have flown it quite a bit in the past and I think we can find you an area to focus on!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

You might check into the Hallet river or Hallet lake area. If somebody could drop you on Hallet lake that puts you at a slight advantage (more feet above sea level). Granted there are even any sheep in that area during the time you want to hunt.
    -Caleb-