Thread: Private Iditarod Trip!

Default Private Iditarod Trip!

A friend called the other day with an opportunity I thought I would mention. Thought it might get the most traction here. There's no commission to the site for this; I'm just posting it as a favor to Joe. Here's the deal:

Joe Houston, owner of Bear Mountain Air, is offering an Iditarod trip that takes you by air from Wasilla in a wheel/ ski-equipped Cessna 185, along the Iditarod Trail out to Unalakleet for one or two nights (your choice), then on to Nome in time for the arrival of the arrival of the mushers who are competing in the 2016 Iditarod race. You'll fly with Joe back to Wasilla at the end of the trip, and have an excellent chance for flightseeing along the way. The trip includes four nights lodging in the Aurora hotel, all meals are included, including a prime rib dinner with Hobo Jim entertaining. Because this is a private trip, there's a lot of flexibility in the schedule and itinerary. The aircraft is a Cessna 185 on wheel/ skis. Joe is an excellent pilot, and a great human being. I guarantee you'll make a new friend on this trip.

Joe has a great Mark Twain quote on his website: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore! Dream! Discover!" This will be an unforgettable adventure if you are able to grab it before someone else does!

COST: $5,000/ two people, or $2,500/ one person.

-Mike

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

That should be a fun trip. In three years working with Iditarod Area School District, I never got to see the race. One year my Ravn flight arrived minutes before the race leader hit Grayling (Allie Zurkle I believe it was at that time), another time I arrived in Nikolai a few days after the last racer had went through, and then last year happened...

Still on my list of things to experience...

Be sure to let me know if someone buys this trip, so I can take the notice down.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

What a great looking itinerary and price. I lived in Nome for a few years and the Iditarod finish was always a blast. It seems like the town nearly doubles in population, and there's so much going on besides the race itself. Don't miss the wet t-shirt contest at the Polaris!
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson