Thread: Ferry Trail - Wider Bridge Rumor

Default Ferry Trail - Wider Bridge Rumor

Hi Folks, Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that there is now a wider bridge across the Nenana allowing access to the Ferry by full size ATVs?

Have lived in Fairbanks, Anderson, Valdez and now Anchorage.

Just emailed a friend up at Clear and he hasn't heard anything about it. He's in there every so often. His brother also lives in Anderson and works down at Healy in the power plant and hasn't heard anything about it.

Thanks Trackrig. I kinda figured it was bad info.

Have lived in Fairbanks, Anderson, Valdez and now Anchorage.

The last year I was in there for hunting and brushing some property lines was 2014. I was down in the parking area grabbing my chainsaw to take to the suburban on the other side of the bridge. I could hear this terrible squealing noise coming down the road. Some guy with a four wheeler was pulling a yellow plastic trailer of some sort loaded with gear. I told him he was too wide for the walkway. He said he'd been across it before and he took off.

I walked up to the bridge and there he was. He was right, his four wheel would fit. The trailer that he borrowed was about 8" wider and didn't fit at all. Being plastic, he managed to really wedge it in there. I climbed over him as he was unloading everything. Some people have to learn the hard way. Maybe it was a good thing the trailer didn't fit, I don't know how far he would have gotten with that squealing bearing on it.