Thread: Db 293

Default Db 293

I got the DB 293 tag, and never hunted on the island. Any suggestions, pointers, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am considering staying at the Raspberry lodge but not to sure. Plus the fact I haven't been able to find a hunting partner has been a problem. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent you a PM.

Whale pass lodge /Ashama point lodge are other options.

Bob May runs them both and both are within your area.

While you're there... if you happen to find a camo baseball hat with a well worn fish hook hat pin on it I'll give you $50 for it's return. Had that darn hat for 20+ years....
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I've hunted the area on several occasions, for Elk and Deer. This is the first time I've drawn a Brown Bear tag. It's rough country for sure, your definitely gonna want to be in shape. There's plenty of Bears down there, and the Tag includes SW Afognak. My buddy and I drew the tag, funny we didn't apply together. It should be an excellent hunt we've seen bears on every deer hunt so I'm pretty confident we can fill our tags.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I've done a lot of reading about hunting on the island but getting that insight from people who have actually hunted on it is very beneficial. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk