Thread: Db 221

Default Db 221

I had a buddy ask me to go with him on this hunt, is it a good hunt? Anyone ever do it before? Where is a good place to hunt it? How's the goat and deer hunting around this area

Not sure if your serious or not....but.
    When you post about s draw hunt, at least tell us where it is. Most of us don't have Alaska memorized by draw hunt numbers. Some vague information will help make your post more productive.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It's a Kodak tag for around spiridon bay

Any hunt on Kodiak is a good hunt, even if you don't get to pull the trigger. Kodiak is a special place, it's a place where legends are born. I have a feeling it's a lot like Africa where you think you're only going to go once, but once you go all you can think about is going back. Seriously, if you have the opportunity to hunt Kodiak, do it.

First thing I would do if I was your buddy is call the biologist down in Kodiak and talk to him. When I was hunting Kodiak a couple years ago the deer population was on the upswing, it should only be better now, especially with these easy winters. Goat tags can be tricky, check the regs to make sure you don't have to pick them up in person at one of the villages down there. But, if not I would certainly have one in my pocket.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Everything duckslayer56 says is true. Kodiak is a magical place and it will get into your blood. I would fist call the biologist then concentrate on the bear tag and try not to push to much into one hunt if you want to do it right. That is unless you have three weeks or so.
    Good luck and enjoy Kodiak.

I deffinatly agree with you guys I went for my first time Last year and hunted karluk lake and I remember telling myself I probably wasn't gonna make it back there but deffinatly looks like this next fall I will be there, I was just more interested in how the bear hunt for that area is

The biologist down there is a good guy and can get you some good info. Give him a call.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Well we used to hunt spiridon bay and thrre were suburban bears in there. We saw a black colored one that was huge. They would clean out our deer carcases at night and even walk on the beach. I think you can legally hunt the carcass but they would only come during the night. Pretty smart bears. Tons of deer. Never saw a goat.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear