Thread: DC590 with snowmachines?

Default DC590 with snowmachines?

Drew a DC590 Talkeetna Mtns tag and have already put in a call to Meekins air for the fall but was wondering if anyone has hunted from December to March via snowmachines. Not sure if the bou are even still hanging around that time of year but thought I'd ask. I combed over the past threads on the area and didn't find much in regards to using snowmobiles. I ride trails in the winter not too far from there and see the occasional bou trickling through but they seem pretty scarce in there that time of year. Thanks!

This is the first time ever In my 16 years here for a winter hunt for that tag
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I don't know, I think that would be pretty tough riding even on a good winter, and with what we have had lately.... My daughter had that tag last year and I think if you work at it you shouldn't have any problem filling your tag in the fall. This was her bull.

US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    I don't know, I think that would be pretty tough riding even on a good winter, and with what we have had lately.... My daughter had that tag last year and I think if you work at it you shouldn't have any problem filling your tag in the fall. This was her bull.

That's one nice looking bull! Congrats to your daughter and you. Top shelf parenting right there. Looks like fantastic hunting area. I'll hunt it hard during the fall but it's always good to see if plan B is a feasible one. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigskyguy View Post
    That's one nice looking bull! Congrats to your daughter and you. Top shelf parenting right there. Looks like fantastic hunting area. I'll hunt it hard during the fall but it's always good to see if plan B is a feasible one. Thanks for the advice.
    You might find a bull like that during the fall - good luck.
    You certainly won't find a "bull like that" from December to March. You might find a bull, but it won't be like that one, as their antlers drop- usually before December.

There have been 'bou spotted continuously in accessible country by snowmobile since mid November... for this year. No telling what will happen next year.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem